Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where to find jackstands that have a circular sleeve that fits around footpegs?

I saw the one pitbull makes but I'm looking for something a little less expensive.

Thanks, Rich

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pit Bull is the best and besides if you have a Ducati what is a few more dollars!!!!
I hear you - The pit bull stuff is nice. I bought the Duc before having two kids and I've become more frugal since. Once I get those little f'ers out of daycare and into public school I'll have more disposable income. Daycare is like a second mortgage!!!

Here is a pic of what I'm looking for from the Ohlins USA site.

Attachments

·
lidzduc.blogspot.com
3,578 Posts
The sheet of plywood was used as a background for the laser level (Note: red line projected from Craftsman unit- forground)--checking swingarm angle.
Check my blog for more info. There's also pics there with the bike supported from the pegs with jack stands.

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
I dunno about the 2x4 fix, Trick, especially with the notch cut off center with my luck I'd find the bike on it's side with that 2x4 split down the middle. I'd at least consider throwing the heaviest duty zip tie or large hose clamp a few inches below the notch just to be safe.

IMHO, the cheapest solution was mentioned in the second post. I used my jack stands to hold up my RC51 for several months without any worries.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I used just regular automotive jackstands as well. Only bad thing is, they are in the way during shock/rear link removal.
Is this true? Because that is what I need to do. I planned to go with automotive jackstands on the frame just under the rearsets, like in Tricklidz last pic. I'm not seeing how it will interfere.

·
Ride Naked!
503 Posts
Is this true? Because that is what I need to do. I planned to go with automotive jackstands on the frame just under the rearsets, like in Tricklidz last pic. I'm not seeing how it will interfere.
This was on my RC51. I'm not saying it's not possible cuz that's how I did it. I just had to use wrenches instead of a ratchet and extension because the jackstands were in the way.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
What I did

I hope this is sarcasm. :) I use auto jackstands too, they work fine.
I used regular jackstands when I pulled my motor. For longer term storage I replaced them with two milkcrates and a tie down strap thru the hand holds and over the frame.

·
lidzduc.blogspot.com
3,578 Posts
Yeah, if you support the frame where you see the stands in my last pic, you can take the rearsets right off. I have the stands strapped to boards that are nailed to plywood and this is screwed to my custom wooden bike "bench"-nothing's moving here!

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
Nope. :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts