Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well;Since i have some "down-time" with the bike,i'm thinking of a possible bodywork change for the fall/winter.Thought about all carbon+tank but it looks as though OPP doesn't offer full bodywork anymore???Did i look at this right??? :(
Just wanna do something different so if ya got some suggestions????

Throw 'em out????

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Good luck with that...

Been there done that & got the T-shirt, but I never did find a suitable tank that would mount up the way I thought it should especially for the money...

·
Registered
240 Posts

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Just don't buy any of the new shit from Lockphart-Phuckups

It's no better than their old shit was...

I tried one of their new huggers on my 1000RR just for grins and it is worthless

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
It doesn't look too bad, was the fit complete shit?

I learned my lesson years ago with buying cheap carbon for my R1. There is a reason why cheap shit is cheap.

Oh, and holy moly with the aluminum beater tank, $2100!!! I could buy another bike for that. I guess if you gotta have it, you gotta have it. I wonder why they don't have the endurance tank with the dual inlets like the Qb carbon model, that would be nice to have (purely for looks of course)

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Yup the alignment is off which causes stress areas which of course start to crack and it never gets any better after that...

They look better than their previous stuff I will give them that, very few pinholes can be see when holding the part up to the light, but it's still cheap crap.

·
Registered
112 Posts
There was a carbon tank and fairings on Ebay.co.uk, also check Ebay.ne(holland) they have some nice stuff out of Italy, remember over there it's a VTR SP1/2 RC51, stick that in the search engine and enjoy.
I'm not sure if they are allowed to sell second hand parts on ebay.

I have a carbon kevlar clutch cover up for swap if your interested, brand new, it arrived yesterday from Europe.:)

·
1,061 Posts
Yoyodyne and opp racing both sell carbon fiber tanks.

I don't know the fit and quality, but the are both well known in racing for supplying parts and body work.

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
Try gurulou, think he still has an unused set up. He's always super busy so give him a week or 2 to get back to ya.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts