Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any recomendations on where to buy belts for a 2002 900SS?

I'd rather not go through a dealership (they want $80).....

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: where to buy belts? (01Sport)

go talk with Chris at http://www.ca-cycleworks.com California Cycleworks if that link doesn't work.

he's got Bucci belts that are made by Gates (same supplier,same belts as Ducati for a hell of a lot less).

Tell him I referred you - and tell him I said hello.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

For the record, the 2002 bikes, for whatever reason, list a different part #.

However, I compared the two differently labeled belts,side by side, and they're the same; same # of teeth, same thickness, same width, etc. - one belt, however, is 40/belt, the other 20.

I meantion this, because Chris' site lists that his aftermarket belts apply up to the 01 model year but my stock belt comparo leads me to believe that they're the same belt and that somewhere along the way there was a part # mix up. So don't hesistate to use the 01 part # belts.

Sorry, I'm rambling.

Weird ...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Bought mine, for a 95, from Section8. I think I paid like $26 per.

YMMV

Cheers -

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: where to buy belts? (Buckelew)

ca-cycleworks.com

and tell him I referred you not buckelew.
Why do guys even say that? Hoping for a credit or something? I have referred Chris 1000 times and have never said that.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: where to buy belts? (hbliam)

Perhpas they want him to know how pleased they were with his outfit? It's like a little life lesson:

100 people said Bob sent them to me.
Gee, Bob must have been pleased with how I treated him, my prices, my location, my shipping, my attention to detail, my ready supply of parts or my personalized service. Or perhaps more than one.
Gee, If I want 100 more people to come to me from one person maybe I should treat them all like I treated Bob.

This is not common sense anymore, is it.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: where to buy belts? (planejob)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by planejob »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Perhpas they want him to know how pleased they were with his outfit? It's like a little life lesson...This is not common sense anymore, is it.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well put!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts