Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering where in the trunk compartment of the sp2 can i clip my helmet so i dont have to carry it with me (i have the sport rear on the tail fairing, not the seat)

pics would be great...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Where Does The Helmet Go???? (RVT4LIFE)

you have to have the pillion seat and the helmet holder/strap that comes in the tool kit.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Don't leave your helmet on your bike, I get a lot of bikes in my shop for insurance claims after there helmet strap was cut and the bike damaged by a thief.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I like walking around with my helmet ..it's makes me look cool and the chicks digged it

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Where Does The Helmet Go???? (JonnyRocket)

I think I read it in a Shoei manual that it is not advisable to hang your helmet in the mirror or in anything that might cause damage to the inner shell.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Where Does The Helmet Go???? (3stripes)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 3stripes »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I like walking around with my helmet ..it's makes me look cool and the chicks digged it

</TD></TR></TABLE>

You too?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Where Does The Helmet Go???? (RicardoA)

Perhaps if you jam the helmet onto the mirror it might suffer damage but I can't see how it would be hurt by just hanging it there.

Sounds like the lliability awyers got to Shoei.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Where Does The Helmet Go???? (RicardoA)

Perhaps if you jam the helmet onto the mirror it might suffer damage but I can't see how it would be hurt by just hanging it there.

Sounds like the liability lawyers got to Shoei.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got in a shoving match with someone for putting chewing gum in my helmet while my wife and I were in the movies. I caught them right in the act. I usually dont like to resort to violence but I just lost it. If my wife wasnt with me to remind me of my children I wouldve punched first then asked what the hell!

So from now on Im gonna be COOL like Tia!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

only posers wear helmets.

Modified by VtwinRC51 at 5:33 PM 7/28/2005

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Another myth busted. I had always thought that the chicks dug it when you perched the thing on top of your head and walked around with it up there!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: (oljackboy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by oljackboy »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Another myth busted. I had always thought that the chicks dug it when you perched the thing on top of your head and walked around with it up there!</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's so COOL!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
its even cooler if you ride around town like that. in a tank top,shorts, and flip flops of course...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Here's what I did.
I had an old helmet laying around that I took the D-ring chin strap off of and riveted it to the left spar of the sub-frame.
When I want to lock my helmet, I open the trunk, pull out the chin strap and lock my helmet to it with a small padlock. The chin strap, that is riveted to the subframe, is thin enough that you can then close the trunk lid over it.
I mean, yeah, someone could still steal it if they wanted to pick the lock or cut the strap but it works for me the few times that I use it.

I patted myself on the back on that idea.

Oh BTW, don't lock your key inside the trunk compartment.....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

I have a D ring on the bottom of my strap for my backpack. When I get off the bike, I clip the helmet into the D ring and it sits comfortably behind my left arm.

I can be sure my helmet is safe that way and it looks darn spiffy too!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i carry a cable and padlock which i use to loop through the helmet and jacket sleeve and around the frame so i carry i can wander in t shirt bliss.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts