Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where are the 500cc bikes? I haven't seen any come up for sale. Anybody know - same for ex-250 bikes.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Where do all the gp bikes go..... (themagicalswitch)

I have seen some of the Honda 250's at Honda North America in Torrance. The race team is in Valencia, CA.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most have been destroyed believe it or not. Some were given to championship winning riders as prizes over the years. Most 500's were leased to the teams and after the lease ( or the bikes race-life ) expired they returned to the factory for "processing". Which means they were crushed into a small cube.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I remember seeing the Aprillia 500s for sale a year ago. They came with a pile of spares and you had to sign a "non-disclosure" agreement together with a statement of understanding to the effect that you understood that no more parts were available.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: (Rooster)

You guys should check out Proitalia's web site. They are having a bike auction in Monterey on July 9th. The list of bike being auctioned is quite impressive. How about a real KR/Proton GP bike!!! No Bimotas though so I'm not going.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: (DocHolliday)

Most of the bikes given to riders are non running. Most of the 500cc bikes went to the CRUSHER!!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: (trussdude)

I can't believe what I am hearing

Why would they crush them? Why not donate them to museums, private collections, auction them off, sell them

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: (themagicalswitch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by themagicalswitch »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I can't believe what I am hearing

Why would they crush them? Why not donate them to museums, private collections, auction them off, sell them
</TD></TR></TABLE>

If they crush them, then they can claim a loss in the R&D dept to make the bottom line look better, or something like that. Car manufacturers CANNOT sell the cars used in the TV or Magazine ads, and most prototypes go to the crusher.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts