Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UPS just dropped these babies off. The rear has the spacers.... i think ? The front however... nothing. So we will see what Ill have to do. Im going to head down to the garage and stick the rear on... then take them the get some rubber!

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well done - I'm doing the same in the coming weeks.
I'm trying to source a new sprocket for my used Marchesini's - any part number on that sprocket you have in that pic? Is it a 520?
Thanks

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GULF:

Yeah its a 520, I dont have a PN on hand... ill look to see if its on the sprocket.

Everyone else:

So i stuck the rear on... uh oh... guess it doesnt fit haha. maybe shims? Ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got this set of Dunlops for 225 :rockon

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
Gulf: I have lots of barely used sprockets. Let me know what tooth count you need and your zip code.

Mabry: For the rear you'll need to mount up the rear rotor, make sure the chain is aligned properly, then you can take measurements of the shims needed. For the front you need to get a measurement of the ID of the bearing. If its 20mm then it was on an RC if it is 25mm then it was on a 1krr. Should the ID be 25mm then you can fix it very simply with captive spacers. Before you take measurements for any spacers you need to mount the rotors and get the wheel centered in the calipers before measuring. You can put a rubber band around the brake lever to keep the calipers clamped down on the rotors and everything still while you meausre.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Varium- Thanks man... Im putting the rotors on now... then tomorrow Im going to stick them on the bike. and see what Im dealing with. I dont have anything that will read accurately to that small of a measurement.... nothing a quick trip to an auto parts store wont fix though :) Ill post up what I come up with tomorrow.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Was looking at your rear rotor carrier and it reminded of a problem I had on mine.
When I was cleaning and inspecting my wheels one day, I though I saw a hairline crack on one of the arms of the rotor carrier where the carrier mounted to the hub.

I pulled the rotor off and cleaned the carrier and found that I did indeed have a hairline crack almost all the way through.
The carrier was milled at a right angle and it appeared a stress crack had started to propagate at the intersection.

I've long thrown a way the old part, but here's what I'm trying to show with this photo.

I contacted TAW and they promptly ordered a replacement carrier.
The new carrier is now radiused at the intersection.

So just to be sure, check which carrier you have and if there are any problems. The number on my replacement carrier is 5062 which may be the Marchesini part number.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Well done - I'm doing the same in the coming weeks.
I'm trying to source a new sprocket for my used Marchesini's - any part number on that sprocket you have in that pic? Is it a 520?
Thanks
These Marchesini wheels use sprockets with a 76mm I.D. and 100mm bolt circle diameter and 5-bolt pattern.
Vortex, Driven, Renthal, and others should be able to match those dimensions.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SubSailor... thanks man... I just inspected the section a little more closely... nothing. It looks fine. Did they replace it free of charge due to the damage or did you have to pay?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Gulf: I have lots of barely used sprockets. Let me know what tooth count you need and your zip code.

Thanks Varium 520/42 tooth alloy - PM sent

These Marchesini wheels use sprockets with a 76mm I.D. and 100mm bolt circle diameter and 5-bolt pattern.
Vortex, Driven, Renthal, and others should be able to match those dimensions.
Thanks -been hard to get some info on these since they arrived and my local Honda dealer & aftermarket shop have been of little help thus far.

Great info to have - much appreciate the wisdom :)

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gents, Found a local shop that is going to make the spacers for me. Says a couple hours of work and she'll be good to go! Dropping the bike off today!

·
Registered
295 Posts
SubSailor... thanks man... I just inspected the section a little more closely... nothing. It looks fine. Did they replace it free of charge due to the damage or did you have to pay?
Unfortunately, since my wheels weren't new, I had to pay.
I looked at my records back in '08 and the same rotor carrier also is for a CBR1000RR/RC51 and it was Marchesini item 5062.
Back in '08 it cost $91 + S&H.

·
Registered
936 Posts
If those are new wheels bought for your specific bike I would make sure they will fit up before mounting all the hardware. When I bought my Marvic magnesium wheels there were a couple of issues that got worked out through the dealer, Yoyodyne. They did not need spacers or shims to fit. In my opinion if the wheels need additional spacers or custom spacers to fit send them back, plenty of other brands that will bolt up correctly. Keep in mind when you tighten up the axle some play will be removed from the swing arm as well. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The bike is still in the shop getting spacers made. Ill def post up photos when I get the bike back... should be some time this week.

Anyone want to trade a me a 530 for my 520 I have on the bike now?

·
And Stateside again...
2,537 Posts
Why do you want to go back to 530? Save weight on wheels so add weight back to tue driveline.... Sounds counter productive.

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
Why do you want to go back to 530? Save weight on wheels so add weight back to tue driveline.... Sounds counter productive.
I gotta agree with Lee on this one. :confused:
a did erv3 will last a looong time :twocents

1 - 20 of 23 Posts