Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I got my wheelies down in 1st gear. What I usually do is dump the clutch at about 37-40mph and I can hold it to red line. The thing is I want to shift into second while doing it. I can't seem to get it because I clutch with all four fingers and while doing a wheelie I am holding on the handlebars. Anyone have any suggestions? Oh BTW I have the stock 16-40 gears.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Wheelie question (twistieaddict)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by twistieaddict »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I can't seem to get it up because I clutch with all four fingers </TD></TR></TABLE>

Try using your right hand.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

There is a reeeeaaaaaaalllllllllllyyyyyyyy good stunter on here by the name of Sp2pilot. Ask him he will help you out.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hold it till red line.......then use the rear brake and lean to the left.... should go into second no problem.. make sure you have a helmet on...as well as the typical...sneakers/wife beater/shorts combo....for protection of course.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

not that i'm a mad kahrazie stunta yho
but i do enjoy the occasional wheelie.... in a secluded area... with full gear... and absolutely no traffic.
you need to get the bike to its balance point. the easiest way to do that is standup. once its to its balance point (note: balance point = close to falling over backwards. be careful here.) blip the throttle and power shift it. learn how to powershift silky smooth before you do this too. too much throttle after the blip and you flip. too little and the wheel falls back forward... pretty violently too... hope you are good at replacing seals.

personally it ain't worth it to me anymore... wheelies are fun and all but why not just enjoy the 1st gear only kind? on my bike that gets me to near 80mph, and thats more than enough for a grin.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Wheelie question (RC Ray)

Quote, originally posted by RC Ray »

Try using your right hand.

LOL

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Wheelie question (dustins)

Yeah I think your right on the 1st gear wheelies. Above 80mph is just pushing it. Well now that I think about it anything about 15mph is.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Try to join ROGUE...they have some of the BEST stuntaz you could ever want to talk to...

Ask for Mike...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wheelies are for pussys, let us know when yer doin 360's like a REAL stuntah........
-Rocky-

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

OK guys lay off with the stunta chit... Not everyone who rides a wheelie is a stunter. What it sounds to me like most of you guys are to chicken to ride a wheelie. Dare I say some of you have "wheelie envy" Last time I checked nobody on this forum was god nor perfect enough to judge anybody else. BTW how many times have you seen a race winner pull a wheelie to the white line when he's got a comfortable lead??? That's what I thought.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Wheelie question (HanZcap)

They do it on the race track. I don't know any pro racers but I would say that these guys are responsible enough and have been on motorcycles a long time that they know what not to do on the street. The bad thing about riders (not stunters) pulling wheelies on the street is that this gives us, motorcyclists, a very bad name.
People who do not ride would not classify motorcyclists - responsible riders and squids - we are all the same to them. So the minute they see a rider pull a wheelie chaces are they will think that most or every rider will do the same, cops would probably do the same

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Wheelie question (RicardoA)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RicardoA »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">They do it on the race track. I don't know any pro racers but I would say that these guys are responsible enough and have been on motorcycles a long time that they know what not to do on the street. The bad thing about riders (not stunters) pulling wheelies on the street is that this gives us, motorcyclists, a very bad name.
People who do not ride would not classify motorcyclists - responsible riders and squids - we are all the same to them. So the minute they see a rider pull a wheelie chaces are they will think that most or every rider will do the same, cops would probably do the same

</TD></TR></TABLE>

and that is where the problems lies...WE are all the same and should be treated the same. Like a bunch of punks

sooner or later..I'm getting a sport tourer and leave all the bs for you guys to play with

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: Wheelie question (RicardoA)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The bad thing about riders (not stunters) pulling wheelies on the street is that this gives us, motorcyclists, a very bad name.</TD></TR></TABLE>

same can be said for riders who ride without gear, above the speedlimit, or with loud exhausts. if you go through life worrying about giving yourself or community a "bad name" with everyone else around, your life is going to suck. find something you enjoy and do it, as long as you think its reasonably safe and you don't endanger me or any other innocent people. just my humble

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

I'm only concerened with the bad name people put on motorcyclists because this bad name/image can easily end the fun of motorcycling and also endager us.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: Wheelie question (HanZcap)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HanZcap »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Last time I checked nobody on this forum was god nor perfect enough to judge anybody else.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I thought that was sp2pilot?
j/k Robert!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HanZcap »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">BTW how many times have you seen a race winner pull a wheelie to the white line when he's got a comfortable lead???</TD></TR></TABLE>

I miss seeing Steve Crevier doing stoppies into the pit area after races, regardless of finish position

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dustins »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> if you go through life worrying about giving yourself or community a "bad name" with everyone else around, your life is going to suck. </TD></TR></TABLE>

that's right....forget what other's think.. screw the sport and do what ever you want and makes you feel good.............screw your neighbors, or other people on the road. screw them all........... it's all about what makes YOU feel good.....

and ya wonder why people look down at bikers.......

i don't recall seeing Twistieaddict's name on the MotoGP, or AMA list either, so i wouldn't put him or his questions in the same class as a pro racer doing a wheelie after a win at the track.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts