Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the general opinion of red wheel tape on stock RC51 wheels? Is it just horribly ugly and not worth $8? If not, what brands did you or someone you know go with? I found this one on ebay and they allow you to choose the width. I don't like the reflective at all so I'd stay away from that. Also, my front rim is dented as if the original owner hit something in the road. Do you all think the dent would be majorly exaggerated with red wheel tape on it? Please give your full opinion. Here's what I'm looking at :

Rim Tape Stripes fit YAMAHA YZF R1 R6 FZ1 FZ6 *3 sizes: eBay Motors (item 250639674584 end time May-31-10 10:01:32 PDT)

·
Registered
190 Posts
To each their own. For me it depends on the bike.

On the RC, I like them with the stripes better than the stock black.

I also just did my wife's black 250 Ninja and was pleased with the results.

Go with what you like. I bought a $4 roll from Pep-Boys just to try it out. Nothing lost if you don't like it and they're easy to remove. Mine are still there after four years.

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yep, just a roll. It's easier with the bike on a rear stand but you can do it on the kickstand.

Patience is key or you might wind up with some flat spots. Do a small section at a time before pressing it hard into place so that you can peel it if necessary. I did mine in one continuous piece to avoid seams.

To be honest the stripes aren't perfect, but out on the road I'm the only one who notices.

Good luck!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I probably go with the red stripes then. I'll look into the Pep boys tape but I don't have a rear stand so it will be harder than the pre-cut stuff on Ebay.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I probably go with the red stripes then. I'll look into the Pep boys tape but I don't have a rear stand so it will be harder than the pre-cut stuff on Ebay.
Not too much harder. Just leave room to roll the bike forward as you go.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.