Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals. Just curious what you have found to be the best wheel cleaner for the gold stock wheels on a 748. I was going to use regular car wheel cleaner foamy stuff. Figured I'd ask around and see what you all found to be the best. Also any thoughts on bug and tar remover? Can I use any old brand from pepboys to clean the lower fairing? Thanks for your help.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Wheel cleaner (drnknmnky13)

Honda spray polish will work on every thing

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I second that Honda spray polish is good stuff.

For the heavy brake dust, I use a wheel cleaner from Germany. All it says on the bottle is "S100" a SmartParts product from BIS-SOLE

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

ditto the honda polish....cleans everything but spray on towel then wipe wheel to avoid over spray on discs or sidewalls....has UV protector for windshields and visors and comes in 14 oz and handy 5 oz travel size....no white wax residue....also great for detailing autos....i use it on plastic headlights, mirrors and inside door the wells....

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I'm sure all the products reccommended work well, but unequivocally the best and least expensive is Simple Green. Also, it can be used safely on the entire bike, from painted surfaces to the wheels. It can be purchased at most hardware stores. Dont pay the ridiculous prices at motorcycle shops for cleaning products!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Wheel cleaner (socal)

So then what's good for the Marchesini forged al. 10 spokes. They are anodized al. and chain fling is a beotch to get off.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

i thought everyone used WD40. all i've ever used.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Wheel cleaner (quickdraw)

I agree with the simple green for the real dirty stuff then follow up with Plexus on the plastics and wheels, makes the bike faster for sure

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Wheel cleaner (brettmess24)

I don't know I'll ask the missus.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oven foam cleaner

"forza" is one brand in europe. hehehe!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: (alowishus)

Windex - It's got grease cutting agents and leaves them clean!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
honda spray or plexus... plexus, from my experience, cleaned grease off better and faster

1 - 15 of 15 Posts