Speedzilla Forums banner

1721 - 1740 of 1753 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Tail section mod

I used a flat carbon fiber plate, 2,5mm thick and cutted i so it fitted to the upper tail section.

With rivets, i added mounted points.

The number plated is fitted by an aluminium striope, which is attached from inside the tail for cleaner appearance.

The lights are street legal LED which are made by Shinyo, modell STRIPE.
The are 20 Euros each, so roughly $25 each

https://www.louis.de/artikel/led-ruecklicht-stripe/10033004?partner=onmacon-pla

The turn signals are yellow or clear, the rear light (with brake inducation) is clear, black or red.

I cutted wholes in the uopper tail (very carefully, only one chance) and bonded the LEDs with a automotive adhasive.

By using a 5 wire cable and a 3 pin an a 2 pin AMP superseal plug. I was able to make it easy to disassemble the upper tail fast.

There is a LiIon battery (700 gramms) installed.

·
Old School
43 Posts
Hello Everyone:

It has been a while since I posted an update, but I got some new bits from Simon and RepsolCraig and re-worked a few things that have been nagging me, including the airbox plumbing and master Cylinder Reservoirs.

First up was the Fuel line plumbing inside the Durbahn airbox. I was not happy with the way the main fuel line and return lines passed through the air box. I couldn't make it work the way I wanted with the holes in the standard locations, so I gave up on them and made my own. I'm happy with the end result.

Next up were some GP lifters that RepsolCraig had made up, along with some TSR Axle Cups, rear axle nut and front axle bolt. Oh, and a Galespeed floating rear rotor. Simon always has the goodies...:cool:

And some TSR Rearsets, because DAMN.

last shot of the whole thing as it stands at the moment.

Big thanks to Craig for putting in the time on the lifters, and to Simon for ALWAYS bringing the hotness.

·
Old School
43 Posts
Gashouse, that thing is beautiful!

Here's my SP1, just picked it up about 2 weeks ago.

Welcome to the sickness! The RC has a great and loyal community, and there is a lot of information on this forum. I've had mine since new, and I have loved every minute of it. I was born in the Denver area, so I miss those mountains.

1721 - 1740 of 1753 Posts