Speedzilla Forums banner

61 - 80 of 1753 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
dethbrd said:
got bored at work, and decided to take a chance on hacking up my spare tailsection at the risk of looking stupid. what do you think?
looks like im not the only one w/ a 51 who works in the roadshop ...

·
Full Spectrum
2,532 Posts
Christ, how many different people are going to post pics of that bike?

Did you just buy that bike?

·
RC51-less Member
6,675 Posts
eye-p said:
Christ, how many different people are going to post pics of that bike??
Not sure, but I wish someone would take it out and flog it and get rid of those unsightly 1" chicken-strips...........:D

It almost looks like LDH's old ride.........

·
Full Spectrum
2,532 Posts
I had a deal with the last owner, "rightcoastsurfer" to buy the bodywork. He hasnt returned my phone calls in weeks.

Now I see why.:wtf

·
RC51-less Member
6,675 Posts
eye-p said:
I had a deal with the last owner, "rightcoastsurfer" to buy the bodywork. He hasnt returned my phone calls in weeks.

Now I see why.:wtf
Painfully..............

·
Registered
175 Posts
Just bought it a few weeks ago. Wow, sounds like its been around the block... As long as it doesn't have any bad history, that's ok I guess. Feels great so far. Only regret is I never rode a stock one so I don't have a baseline to compare to. Well, it sounds like rc51.org is a good place to visit as well so I'll check that out and maybe subscribe as well.

·
Canadian Ahrrsee Owner
243 Posts
My '05 left-over (No '06's in Canada...) and still a work in progress... Probably will forever be.... Did all the cheap/free mods (PAIR, Flapper, Soft-rev), Sylvania Silverstar bulbs, Scott's damper, 42T Renthal rear sprocket, Speedohealer, Kyle link, Sato sliders and spools, Zero Gravity Double Bubble, 600RR rear hugger, Sato rear sets... More to come....

Attachments

·
Registered
175 Posts
The rear seams kind of high as is. I'm 6' 11". Did you back off the preload after the washer/shim install? As for the exhaust, what would I gain by swapping exhausts? I'm guessing the whole concept for the Jardine 2-1 was for better midrange/lighter weight? Just trying to quantify or justify an exhaust swap... Appreciate any further info from anyone.

- The RC newby

Jae

·
Anger managment patient
3,474 Posts
The 2-1 does the opposite. It reduces mid and adds top. For the RC the mid is the sweet spot. So taking that away really hurts. As for the rear the I would shim and reduce preload to make the ride more compliant. But if your 6-11 I would say testing is your only real choice because your a BIT out side the norm for rider size.

·
Registered
175 Posts
EvilTwin-05 said:
The 2-1 does the opposite. It reduces mid and adds top. For the RC the mid is the sweet spot. So taking that away really hurts. As for the rear the I would shim and reduce preload to make the ride more compliant. But if your 6-11 I would say testing is your only real choice because your a BIT out side the norm for rider size.
Sorry, type-o, I meant to write 5'11". I hear you about the midrange. That is the true sweet spot for all twins. So is there a forum concensus on the "best" exhaust system (for performance)?

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Jami6989 said:
Just got a new bike. Whatcha think? Was kinda pissed my sneaker protector didn't match my custom paint when this pic was taken.

Amazing. All the $$$ went into chroming, none left for any trick turn signals??

61 - 80 of 1753 Posts