Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the last few MotoGP races, I've noticed that Rossi seems to be sticking out his left leg quite a bit right before he turns-in at a turn. A couple times yesterday it looked like he was dragging it on the ground. (Maybe someone has a picture??)

So, what's up with this? Is he just preparing for his front end to slide out?

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
georgeb said:
In the last few MotoGP races, I've noticed that Rossi seems to be sticking out his left leg quite a bit right before he turns-in at a turn. A couple times yesterday it looked like he was dragging it on the ground. (Maybe someone has a picture??)

So, what's up with this? Is he just preparing for his front end to slide out?
He has always done the leg off the peg maneuver...just one of his quirks just like the little squating routine he does before a race...but yesterday, he really did a kind of dirt track thingy....never seen that before.

·
Registered
65 Posts
During the interview after the race where him and gibbers touched, I think I heard him say his foot slips off sometimes when he's really hard on the brakes.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Not sure how true it is but I have heard it's a sign to other riders behind him that watch out I'm in this corner a little too hot:twocents

·
Registered
594 Posts
KRJR does it too. guess it doesnt get noticed since he's not on camera too much

·
Registered
214 Posts
I never understand why anyone would do that "foot/leg" thing anyway (Many do it, Rossi just stick/swing/hang his out more). I've always just keep my foot on the pegs, and just slide the left feet under/over of the shifter to shift. Why bother take the feet off? That's a waste of motion/time. But what do I know, I am no way close to being as fast as Rossi and others who also do similar thing with their foot. :D

·
Anger managment patient
3,474 Posts
Yeah well when I lift my leg like that its to encourage my sphincter let go of the seat:eek: so I can slide off. Gessh guys you should have known about this technique a long time ago.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Sunny said:
I never understand why anyone would do that "foot/leg" thing anyway
Yeah, it's strange isn't it. Considering that you are one of the "fast guys" I would think you would be an authority on the subject of "Strange quirks from world class riders" or even riders within 20 seconds of the lap record:rolleyes:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Section8superbike said:
Yeah, it's strange isn't it. Considering that you are one of the "fast guys" I would think you would be an authority on the subject of "Strange quirks from world class riders" or even riders within 20 seconds of the lap record:rolleyes:
Did you read the whole thing I said? I never claimed to be a fast guy like you would (I too have won championship). And who the hell are you to be judging me? :wtf No one talks more shits than you. :clapper

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
actually, a lot of guys do it, it's just tha Rossi is one of the few in the top 5 that do it so you only notice him doing it. Xaus is even more exaggerated than him. It has a lot to do with the reverse shift pattern and how late they do their last downshift and have to get their foot from under the shifter and place it on top for when they get into full lean. In the process I think there is so much going on in their heads, that the leg just kind of takes it's time getting into position. Not trying to compare myself here, of course, but I find myself really lagging on getting my foot on top of the peg after the last downshift into a turn, specially when I get in there very hot. So, I do a mini Rossi impression when that happens, don't meant to, it's just that it happens at the same time I'm about to tip it in, trail brakeing, oh shitting, etc etc, and my leg just kind of takes a back seat in the prioreties.

guys that I noticed doing it; Xaus, KRJ, Melandri, Rossi, McCoy.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Section8superbike said:
I can't resist slamming someone who has more opinions than expirence.

Stop coating me with your own behaviors.........LOL............... :wacky You are truly a self-centered dumbass with a loud mouth. I heard that you were basically crying (or almost were) when complainting that you/your business wasn't treated equally as a sponsor to one of the local bike clubs simply because you think you are all that and deserve more. What gives (crying)? :woot: I thought you are a real big man.

BTW, I can't wait for the law to catch up with you and your operation. I'll sure be saving the newpaper and frame it when that day comes. :rockon

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
I don't visit here as often as I used to, but it is funny how there's always two guys that manage to get into the lamest arguments and drag it into every thread on the board...get a room. :woot:

I have no idea what the pissing match is over, just an observation, don't redirect your guns my way now.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Sunny said:
Stop coating me with your own behaviors.........LOL............... :wacky You are truly a self-centered dumbass with a loud mouth. I heard that you were basically crying (or almost were) when complainting that you/your business wasn't treated equally as a sponsor to one of the local bike clubs simply because you think you are all that and deserve more. What gives (crying)? :woot: I thought you are a real big man.

BTW, I can't wait for the law to catch up with you and your operation. I'll sure be saving the newpaper and frame it when that day comes. :rockon
What gives with you any way? Jason has busted his ass to provide nothing but GREAT service and support to everyone that has contacted him. I have had many experiences with Section8 and they have been nothing but a shining star in the usual bullshit dealership experience. I doubt you could hit Jason with a hammer and make him cry and as far as riding goes, I will bet any amount of money you care on him in a race between you two. You don't seem to contribute to this board in the least, why don't you crawl back under your rock.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts