Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anybody here in contact with Luis and/or his family? If so, how is he doing? Has he been making progress with his rehab?

For those who don't know or remember him, Luis was severely injured during a race a while back and sustained severe trauma to his head which left him disabled and hospitalized for a long time. I hope he is doing well........

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: What's the Latest News on Ricky Racer (Luis)??? (bsess)

I also hope he is doing well. Have you seen him lately 996Miami?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: What's the Latest News on Ricky Racer (Luis)??? (bsess)

Last I spoke with him, about 4 months ago, he wasn't working, and was on disability. He's divorced; Juanita couldn't take his mood swings and his new personality.

I'll speak to him soon, invite him out to Homestead's races. Not a happy story, thus far. Thanks to the hundred+ members here to supported him. He's walking, exercising, and physically fairly healthy. He's just not a nice guy. He's got the tough-guy/whack-job personality.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: What's the Latest News on Ricky Racer (996miami (twentyninedollars))

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 996miami (twentyninedollars) »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Last I spoke with him, about 4 months ago, he wasn't working, and was on disability. He's divorced; Juanita couldn't take his mood swings and his new personality.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Oh man... that's a bummer. On one hand, you have your life (almost) back, only to have it drastically altered in another form. Gotta be rough. So are you saying that his personality is more or less what it was like before, but his moods vary a lot... or that he has changed into another person that doesn't really resemble the old Luis?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Thanks for the update, 996miami. I'm sorry to hear that he's been having such a hard time and that things haven't been working out so well for him. Very sad, indeed.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Thanks for the update, Luis. That's a shame, sounds like things kinda fell apart there.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: What's the Latest News on Ricky Racer (JeffKoch)

Pretty disappointing news, I hope his situation improves.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: What's the Latest News on Ricky Racer (Tripod-R)

Jeff, his personality is just like some freaky alpha-male thing. He swears all the time, talks like a kid who's got a chip on his shoulder, mentioning some sad events in his life, and shrugs them off with anger. It's as if he's lost the ability for empathy and self-awareness of his condition and surroundings, or the wherewithall really to care about them. He wants to buy a motorcycle again, but that would be unwise (!)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Gotcha.
Hmm... you're right on the bike being a bad idea for sure.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 996miami (twentyninedollars) »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
tough-guy/whack-job personality.</TD></TR></TABLE>

They were on sale that day - I got mine BITCH!

Tell him we miss him anyway

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: What's the Latest News on Ricky Racer (Duc)

I spent a weekend with Luis at Jennings. Two guys from vastly different background and cultures. We got along great. A long trackday followed by dinner and a couple of beers. Luis brought a track diagram to the dinner table and we talked about different lines. Worked on setting up his racebike the next day between track sessions. He was pretty quick and very competitive.
One of the hardest things I have had to 'deal' with was learning he had been injured. Myself along with everyone on this board were wishing for a speedy recovery. It didn't look good, and sadly I think we have lost Ricky Racer,,, we now have a guy who is not part of our cycling present and is mad at the world.
I want to thank 996miami for keep us updated and wish Luis peace and good fortune.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts