Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thread jack...Ben, got the parts, thanks a ton!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yup.
I wanted one pretty bad when they fiorst came out.
Mr Honda received a couple of GP bikes from Mondial in the 50's and that got him into racing. Letting them use the RC51 motors was Honda's way of repaying the debt.
They are a VERY VERY nice motorcycle.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
One of 35 built? :confused:
Mondial actually built 120 Piega plus 2 EVO and a handful of Naked (about ten, numbers are different according to source).
I've seen two for sales recently: both sellers were asking 16,000€ for it, so it's not particularly sought-after (our second-hand market is schizophrenic).
Bear in mind that a batch (11 bikes) of brand new Piega's "disappeared" from the company that took over Mondial and Bimota V-Due stocks in 2005. Since there's much confusion over what exactly happened at the time and given some of the characters involved I do not know if the bikes were simply stolen or if some other shady deal went on. Just be sure to double check frame and engine number if you are going to buy.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What? shady? like 1986 registration? NOooooo, say it ain't so. :D

·
Premium Member
3,874 Posts
My friend had a Mondial.he was rightly pissed when i told him they were out of business(no spare parts)
later I introduced baba San(creator of the CBR900) at a bike event his bike.he was amazed at the balance,weight distribution et al

It is an amazing bike.very light feeling(like my old HRC spec CBR100RR with an alloy tank etc)

if you can buy it it will be great,just be prepared for some custom work if you need spare parts etc

some pics are here

http://www.speedzilla.com/forums/rc51-technical-discussion/12471-center-radiator-side-ones.html

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Anyone with problems with Mondial spares, just drop me a line.
I have contacts of the chap who bought the remaining stock of Mondial spares (including quite a few SP1 engines). ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts