Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (LDH)

very true Mike. Well alot also had used two or more they just don't remember. Like the Gixx750 came with stockers and they were ok, with no adjustabilities compared to my Scotts.

I might not know much about other dampner but darnit. I really like my Scotts

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Whats the best damper for the RC51 (Rocryder)

Good point. GPR: Built in the USA, in Southern California - by motorcyclists that actually ride, Lifetime warranty, Lifetime servicing, More AMA racers use GPR stabilizers than any other brand. http://www.gprstabilizer.com

I had an Ohlins telescopic damper on my 916, a Scotts rotary one on my Superhawk, and a Hyperpro on my 900SS. so far the GPR is tits.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Whats the best damper for the RC51 (aces anugal)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by aces anugal »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Good point. GPR: Built in the USA, in Southern California - by motorcyclists that actually ride, Lifetime warranty, Lifetime servicing, More AMA racers use GPR stabilizers than any other brand. http://www.gprstabilizer.com

I had an Ohlins telescopic damper on my 916, a Scotts rotary one on my Superhawk, and a Hyperpro on my 900SS. so far the GPR is tits.</TD></TR></TABLE>

My ZX-10 needs one now and I think I'll give them a try.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I heard good things about GPR myself, but the Scotts Damper is gold, and that makes it better!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (cutter)

I'm a dealer for most dampers but I had to go with the Scott's since it had my name on it....lol

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I didn't place a vote because I've only used the Scotts. While I can't feel the damper working I can feel the absence of headshake when I'm pulling hard coming off a turn. I think that's why I like the Scotts so much...I know it's working because my headshake is gone but it's transparent. I never feel like I have to overcome the damper to steer the bike.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Whats the best damper for the RC51 (Rocryder)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rocryder »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Whats the best damper for the RC51 ?</TD></TR></TABLE>

the one that keeps you from scanning Ebay for 3 weeks looking for parts to repair your RC after that nasty tank-slapper.....

I've used Scott's, Sprint (piston style, frame mount) and GPR. I've only ever used a GPR on the RC51, but it works great. i do both street and track days.

the only complaint with GPR, is it comes with a new fairing stay. the new one is thinner than the stock one and allows the mirrors to {{vibrate}} more than the stock one ever did. not an issue at the track, since mirrors aren't on then.

Food for thought....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Whats the best damper for the RC51 (Rigor)

is it mandatory to use the new fairing stay? I am about to order a GPR, but.... that's kinda weak

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Whats the best damper for the RC51 (Wild Child)

yep you have to change the F. stay but it looks stock. i loved my gpr its was very user friendy while riding. colors choices are cool too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Whats the best damper for the RC51 (Wild Child)

yes.

it mounts farther forward on the stem then the Scotts damper, and it will hit the stock fairing stay.

the new fairing stay in INCLUDED in the price, but just not as thick.....

i wrapped the fairing stay with hopes of it possibly damping some vibration out of it, but no go.

for the record: it only vibrates at certain RPMs, not all the time. mostly if you lug the engine below 3000 rpms.....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Whats the best damper for the RC51 (Rigor)

Alright. thanks for the heads up. I'm still gonna get it. phuck it

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Another selling point for the GPR for us California guys, they come to Laguna for the AMA's and will service your GPR for free.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: (wilit)

I'm a dealer for GPR if anyone wants one at a discount let me know, I can also get Scott's and Ohlins.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I had an Ohlins on my R1 and although it worked well, I hated it.

It would vibrate all over the place and jump up and down on its pivot points when I went over rough concrete. I ALMOAST took it off a number of times.

I have a Scotts on my RC51 and LOVE it. It works great, does not vibrate in the slightest, its just plain good with no downfall.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: (CBR400RR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CBR400RR »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm a dealer for GPR if anyone wants one at a discount let me know, I can also get Scott's and Ohlins.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You got mail!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: ([email protected])

cheap 16 click sprint here, no problems yet in 4 years, paid less than $300 and no fairing stay needed, also comes in colors

i have thought about the Matris deal, and good words about them?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Anybody have any experience with ICS dampers? They have one that is similar to the GPR and Scotts, but about $100 cheaper. I know cheaper usually means crappier, but not always.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts