Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I swap out my sp1 radiators for sp2? I didn't know they were different and think I bought sp2 radiators and now am not sure if I can make them work or do I need to sell them. Nickels and dimes! God damn shits adding up! Thanks

·
Dr. Carbon
2,974 Posts
there are a few diff mounts on the sp2 rads, but they still make use of the same ones in the same places as the sp1 so they will mount up. The sp2 rads also don't read the coolant temp from the same location on the rad so you will either have to mount a bung to the rad so it reads it sp2 style or go with the sp2 setup.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked closer and ya mounts do look same and should mount right up. However the angles of inlet and oulet etc are at different angles so will need different radiator hoses or cut and re weld angles which I don't wanna do at all etc. Also I just bought a replacement fan switch sp1 style not knowing they were different. Its a lower fan switch. Can't return it bought off ebay etc. Got this could be a costly mistake in parts and labor and shipping etc. Is sp1 fan temp switch different style thne sp2? Thanks

there are a few diff mounts on the sp2 rads, but they still make use of the same ones in the same places as the sp1 so they will mount up. The sp2 rads also don't read the coolant temp from the same location on the rad so you will either have to mount a bung to the rad so it reads it sp2 style or go with the sp2 setup.

·
Dr. Carbon
2,974 Posts
Just turn the fan switch into a manual switch, or wire it to turn on with the headlights, this is the simplest option imo and probably better cause you might be able to keep the temps in check at lights better then with the auto fan.

from what I recall I thought you could use the stock tubing for the rads.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Won't even work huh? If thats the case who wants to buy some top shelf shape used sp2 rads? They are up for grabs at this point. Mine don't leak but mounts arre broke and they are suspended by hoses and move a little but have been fine for year and I honestly think being they are suspended is only reason they are not completely folded after a couple crashes etc. Damn my luck!

Yes, It is Completely Different! Since the SP2 does NOT even have the SP1 type of switch at all.

You are welcome,

Peace

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
From personal experience, the rads will work on either model however, you will need to make/modify the fan mounts on the left rad and wire the bike for a switch instead of the thermostat triggered fan. Honestly, pull the fans and buy the rad scoops and call it a day!:twocents

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can I ask how much and where to buy scoops from? Thanks

From personal experience, the rads will work on either model however, you will need to make/modify the fan mounts on the left rad and wire the bike for a switch instead of the thermostat triggered fan. Honestly, pull the fans and buy the rad scoops and call it a day!:twocents

1 - 10 of 10 Posts