Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need your opnion on a used 998. It's a stock mono with 6000 miles.

what do you think?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: whats a good price for a used 998 (mr.duc)

best price is free, unless you're the one selling

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Just to give you an idea, I bought one in '03 with 1500 miles, Termi slip-ons w/ECU, CRG levers, CF clutch cover, exhaust guard and passenger heel guards, EVO license plate re-locator, DP brake pedal and pre-load adjusters and two service coupons for about $14,500.00. It was in perfect condition. I knew I was paying top dollar for it, but I was happy with what I got.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: whats a good price for a used 998 (Mental998)

Hey Mental,
Your first one sounds like my first one. How does $11000 sound?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Sounds like I better just ride mine and enjoy it.
I think that you won't find many that are nice for much less because of the rest of the market. What I mean is, if a nice 998 is worth 11k then a nice 996 is worth ? and a 916? etc. A nice 916 will still fetch around 7k so the whole group of years has a $ spread of only a few thousand $. The 998 will be supported by the others.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: whats a good price for a used 998 (Phil 998)

phil, so you aprove of $11k

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mr.duc »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">phil, so you aprove of $11k</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, if it is nice it will be worth around that for a while. The very reason I bought mine after being a 916 owner still stands. The Testastretta motor cures the problems the earlier bikes had and the styling is somewhat timeless.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mr.duc »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey Mental ...How does $11000 sound?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sounds good to me.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

well if you guys say YES then soon I will be on my second 998, maybe yellow will be more lucky then red!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Oooooh..... wait.....a.....sec......

You didn't say anything about......yellow.

Deduct about $6,000.00 from the value.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Jesus.. I was getting excited for you.
Then you sprung it on us.

Why pay good money for the slower color? You'll have to shell out hundreds in speed goodies to make up the difference.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: whats a good price for a used 998 (Old Fart)

F all of ya! YELLOW IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO! Unless you like to wreck... then get red....

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: whats a good price for a used 998 (YellowDesmo998)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by YellowDesmo998 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Unless you like to wreck... then get red....
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wreck...? What wreck? Did someone wreck?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mental998 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wreck...? What wreck? Did someone wreck?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sounds like bullshit to me.......when is that painter going to be done with my body work......oh yeah, my red one is wrecked too.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mr.duc »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I need your opnion on a used 998. It's a stock mono with 6000 miles.

what do you think?</TD></TR></TABLE>

The $11,000 you mentioned is consistent (+or- $1,000) with what I've been finding out. I've only been researching this for about a month, but your right in the middle, actually, that price is just a little on the low side of what I've been finding out.

If it's perfect, grab it. People are clammering for them.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: whats a good price for a used 998 (Gilbertl)

phil and mental, i'm with you on the color but it is clean and my track plastic will be red so I'll go faster there.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Mr. Duc, I got my 998 Bi in Oct 2003 for $10,500. It was stock execpt for a few bits of carbon with 4,300 miles. The guy actually had a loan on the bike for 12K and wanted to get out from under the loan so he ate the $1,500. Its been great with no problems, buy it now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts