Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Removed the pressure plate and springs to paint the pressure plate on my ST4. In replacing the spring bolts I didn't use a torque wrench but cranked them down pretty damn tight. Starts and idles in N fine but squeezing the clutch lever doesn't do anything -

do I need to bleed the system after removing the plate (and rod)?

When in N idling everything appears and sounds as prior to removal.

Thx.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: What'd I do to my clutch? (doocatiboy)

Hmmmmmm

ok first the spring bolts only need 5Nm, which is... snug,hand tight, and basically thats the end of the threads.

Check of the clutch slave is actuating, is the piston moving???

Is there space between the coils os the springs?? or do the coils touch each other???

i cant imagine that you have tightend them down so far the the springs are now coilbound and cant move!

Chris

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: What'd I do to my clutch? (chris900ssie)

No you don't need to bleed the system after taking the rod and cover off. Check to see the little cap that sits in the cover bearing is still there. If you pushed the slave cyl piston in for any reason, it'll take several pumps to get it so it's adjusted again.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: What'd I do to my clutch? (injected)

Did you make sure that the post with the notch lined up with the correct (also marked) hole in the pressure plate? Be REALLY careful not to overtighten the bolts; my buddy had to buy a new clutch hub when he broke a post that way.
Joe

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: What'd I do to my clutch? (Joe B)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Joe B »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Did you make sure that the post with the notch lined up with the correct (also marked) hole in the pressure plate? Be REALLY careful not to overtighten the bolts; my buddy had to buy a new clutch hub when he broke a post that way.
Joe</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ditto

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had a strange thing happen last time I took my pressure plate off. I re-assembled it, and like you, nothing happened when pulling the leaver. I took it apart again and noticed that when I took the plate out, the pressure in the slave cylinder was pushing the whole clutch pack out. So, I pushed the pack back in with one hand while securing the pressure plate with the other. Then all was fine. -- '04 749s

1 - 6 of 6 Posts