Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
Hey Ben,

I can't tell you who they are made by, BUT,.. I CAN Tell You who's they're NOT... They are Not Thorsten Frame Sliders, but,... You most likely already knew that..? ;)

Peace Jeff

PS. Heading out to the Gun Club to Fire Off a few rounds tonight.:D .. Peace!

·
And Stateside again...
2,537 Posts
Ben, are they SP1 or 2 if they are 1's I will buy them shoot me a price. Mine are really short and one side is worn... :banghead

·
Banned
472 Posts
I can tell those are the craptastic bling ones you find on Ebay for $20.
Brand, who knows. Who cares - you're lucky if they truly hold up during a crash.

·
Banned
472 Posts
Ben, are they SP1 or 2 if they are 1's I will buy them shoot me a price. Mine are really short and one side is worn... :banghead
Nope, I can't tell those for the the SP2.
The SP1's mount differently and never have that rod that goes all the way through the engine.

SP1 sliders are getting harder to find (if not impossible). I knock on wood I don't damage mine.

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
Jeff, what gave it away? The shitty plastic sleeves with fake CF inlay? LOL :woot: :)
HAHahaha.. No, none of those things... but because, Thorsten's Have a Completely different mounting system, from Every other
Frame Slider manuf. Co..
Thorsten's IMHO Are the very BEST for our RC51's just because they mount up Way Higher then ALL the other Frame Sliders for the RC! ;)

·
Workaholic
224 Posts
Did you just speak Yoda?

Well, who knows maybe the crappy CF inlay is covering a deadblow tungsten core with delrin wrap.

I can tell you what slider I'm not buying anymore. It starts with S and ends in ATO.

Those sliders are rediculus though, why even have all those screws to hold some ugly aluminum cap?

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
206 Posts
Those are defintitely Lockhart Phillips. I pulled a set off of mine when I bought it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts