Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
The Real MAN of STEEL
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got both of them at my place now. Sold my 03 600 track bike and will only be looking at putting one of these on the track for next year.

The 600 has goodies but still needs F/R susp. set up for me. It has exhaust, PCIII, dampner, -1 +2, brembo front master, upgraded frnt pads, spare wheels, sato rear sets and clean title. The other items I would add are clip ons and fairing stay.

The RC is totaled out due to a 20mph laydown in a field. Had to go off road and had it upright until I hit a tractor tire rut. I haven't rebuilt it to get a salvage title so it realy doesn't have one right now. The RC has Sato Rears (GP shift), PCIII, -1 +2, pair, flapper, rev, 1/6 turn, dampner and I also have penske rear and upgraded front internals set for my weight. I still have to get track skins for the RC.

I did 22 to 26 track days last year on my 03 600 that was set up perfect to include ohlins f/r for my weight. I didn't do any this year due to a surgery I had in Apr. So I'm looking to prepare for next year.

Just looking for opinions since I haven't had an RC on the track and don't know how much more work it is on the body. I have a lot of injuries that still affect me. For those that are new and don't know, I was hit head on by a drunk driver back in 06.

I'm only keeping one of these and will only ride sportbikes on the track. My injuries have gotten the best of me where my street ride is an 02 Harley Road King...lol...sorry. I would just rather continue to ride on the street in comfort and torture my body on the track....lol

Realy looking to hear from those that have had both a 600 and RC on the track.

Thanks for your inputs.
:D

·
Registered
2,728 Posts

·
The Real MAN of STEEL
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
600 will take a lot less work to ride around the track... it's personal preference though. Figure out which is better on the street and try em both on the track.
Thanks.

I know how much work a 600 is already having tracked one. I just never got to track my RC before being hit. So I'm still wondering what one is like on the track, just don't know about my body and work required.

However if the RC is fun on the track, I might just be able to workout harder and prep my body for the workload.

·
Registered
269 Posts
IMO- Seems that you would have to work more on the 600.
Went to the track(Carolina Motorpark) with a well prep'd 600 gsx-r and couple months later took the 06' around the track a Altanta. I don't remember being as worn, after the session..
Would agree , It would come down to a personal preference...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Track the 600, you will learn more. I started off riding 1000's on the track. After I sold my street bike and bought a 600 I dropped seconds right away. On a 600 you can learn so much more. I've been doing track days since 2002 and started racing in 09 and I still do not believe I have the skills to race a 1000 yet.

If you have a chance ride some dirt during the off season.

·
chimp on my shoulder
2,437 Posts
Track the 600, you will learn more. I started off riding 1000's on the track. After I sold my street bike and bought a 600 I dropped seconds right away. On a 600 you can learn so much more. I've been doing track days since 2002 and started racing in 09 and I still do not believe I have the skills to race a 1000 yet.

If you have a chance ride some dirt during the off season.
this argument might carry more weight if an rc was as fast as a 1000 4 banger. as far as speed goes they would be about the same really. prolly be faster on the 600. that being said the 51 comes into its own on the track. they are far more fun and rewarding than 600s. if you haven't ridden an rc51 on the track, then you haven't truly ridden an rc51.

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Like everyone has said, track the 600, you will get up to speed faster. BUT....if the RC is set up for the track, it can be more fun. The 600 will be easier on tires, but if you race, the 600 will put you in the highly populated "Meatgrinder" class. An 04 600r will not be competitive against an 06+ R6....sorry, probably have you more confused.

·
The Real MAN of STEEL
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
this argument might carry more weight if an rc was as fast as a 1000 4 banger. as far as speed goes they would be about the same really. prolly be faster on the 600. that being said the 51 comes into its own on the track. they are far more fun and rewarding than 600s. if you haven't ridden an rc51 on the track, then you haven't truly ridden an rc51.

Thats what I was thinking. The RC was a blast when I railed it on the street before being hit and that was supposed to be my last night on the street before hitting the track with it.

It will be fully set up with upgraded suspension and brakes.

I'm just not sure how much more than the 600 it will take out of my body physically or prob the same?

·
The Real MAN of STEEL
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Take a look at the post which I tell how both of them will be set up and my experience.

Hit me back with your thought again.

Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
if you decide to track prep the RR I have forks with ohlins internals, hrc rad and BST wheels for sale:)

04 RR parts : Honda CBR 600RR Sportbike Forum : 600RR.Net

I've only been on the track 4 times on my sp1 and so far I love it. Even with all the mods on my 600rr, I chose to keep my stock RC51. The 600 was by far easier to ride and I was faster on it but for me, the RC is more rewarding.

I vote for the 600 so you can buy my parts:D

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
I've won in the 600, 750 and 1000 class on a 600.

You will learn a lot more on a 600 than on a RC51.

Corner speed, exit speed, etc...

I coach for Team Promotion and MARRC.
We threw this bike together for under 3K "CHASE" got his race licence on it and last year went to an '08 r6 and won every novice class all season :cool:

His teammate crashes and gets his going again a crash like this on an RC would be hard to fix and waaay more expensive !

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
We threw this bike together for under 3K "CHASE" got his race licence on it and last year went to an '08 r6 and won every novice class all season :cool:

His teammate crashes and gets his going again a crash like this on an RC would be hard to fix and waaay more expensive !
That last photo looks to be at DCTC and looks no fun. Haven't seen anyone do that at a ARS day yet. Also the reason I want another bike for ARS and track days. The RC parts are just too spendy and hard to come by for my taste. Plus I don't want to mess up a nice bike. So my vote is for the 600.

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
That last photo looks to be at DCTC and looks no fun. Haven't seen anyone do that at a ARS day yet. Also the reason I want another bike for ARS and track days. The RC parts are just too spendy and hard to come by for my taste. Plus I don't want to mess up a nice bike. So my vote is for the 600.
Jason that was the short course @ Brainerd international T#8 the carosel "DEVO" slid both ends caught it then the tires let go again there was a driving school the previous weekend and eveyone was having grip issues.

My stupid race bike is impossible to fix if I raced it :mad:

·
Registered
460 Posts
tough call

...mine is not the best opinion here...
but, I absolutely love the my RC finishes the corners on track....
get passed by current 600's, but then, they don't have any soul to them!

·
The Real MAN of STEEL
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Was leaning to the RC but this has given me something to think about. Got the think of the $$ aspect of things these days also.

·
The Real MAN of STEEL
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
if you decide to track prep the RR I have forks with ohlins internals, hrc rad and BST wheels for sale:)

04 RR parts : Honda CBR 600RR Sportbike Forum : 600RR.Net

I've only been on the track 4 times on my sp1 and so far I love it. Even with all the mods on my 600rr, I chose to keep my stock RC51. The 600 was by far easier to ride and I was faster on it but for me, the RC is more rewarding.

I vote for the 600 so you can buy my parts:D

PM shot on the forks.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.