Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the SuperMoto, and was wondering what rubber to use? I have 21" in the front & 18" in the rear. Also, how much $$ should I expect to pay?

Thanks
Steve

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: What tires to run? (viper1)

With the stock size wheels you have very limited tire choices.

Your best bet is probably the Avon Distanzia.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: What tires to run? (Dave)

Any idea what they might cost? hey - since your only up in MN, any chance you'll be racing down at Road America this year?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Last year I rode in sport class with a DRZ and I had a michelin sirac front tire and an avon am23 vintage roadrace rear tire. I was happy with both of those however, I am interested in a set of maxxis supermoto specific sportsman tires. I've seen these on Moto-connection.com. Can't wait to wear out the tires I have so I can try out the maxxis tires.

I have switched to a CRF for this season so I will be experimenting with tires to see what works best.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: What tires to run? (cartech)

I'm running a 1991 RM125. I figure I don't want to spend to much money just yet...wanna make sure I enjoy it before dumping to much money into it. I did that with roadracing and now I'm looking for something a little cheaper!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I converted my '97 KDX 220 over to motard last year, and put the Avon's on it. Really, that's all I did. I didn't upgrade brakes or suspension or anything else, I just wanted to see if I liked it before going off the deep end. Then of course I bought a KTM 625SMC, and am loving it!

The Avon's are OK, but the 17" wheels on the KTM make a huge difference. If I ever decide to convert the KDX all the way, 17" wheels would be the first big upgrade.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by viper1 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">...wanna make sure I enjoy it before dumping to much money into it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I haven't heard of anyone trying out supermoto and not becoming addicted.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: What tires to run? (Dave)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dave »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I haven't heard of anyone trying out supermoto and not becoming addicted.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm sure your right! I ordered the Avons today, we'll give them a shot. Like anything else I do, I'm sure I'll end up getting a new bike before the second weekend. Heck - I tried out a Ducati one day last year and now I have 3 of them! I'm really looking forward to it!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Hey Viper, I have a set of Bridgestone TW dual sport tires that are the correct size for your machine...let them go real cheap.
Rode them in the sportsman class for a year, they stick real good on pavement and are decent in the dirt. IM me if your interested.
Welcome to the wonderful world of supermoto....you're already hooked.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts