Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was out today going to a test track used partly for motocross and supermotos riders who practice starts and waz a few laps in great day for petrol heads and wannabe racers.
but on my way to this event blasting round the twisties this thing came past us blew us away and was gone.
when we got to the track the bike turned out to be a cr 500 what a machine and the sound when cracked up was awsome he had spent loads on it and had split with his wife over the cost so he says top bloke in my book.
so if u wanna get shut of the wife get a cr 500 clod some supermoto wheels on it various trick parts...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: what the [email protected] was that?? (ccm)

There are two guys that race CR500s in the open premier class at Superbikers2, god bless 'em. Maybe they just haven't tapped the full potential of those machines for supermoto racing, but they look relieved just to finish at the end of each heat/race. They are not posing much of a threat to the four stroke macines.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: what the [email protected] was that?? (banda)

I'll try to locate the picture of the CR 500 that we saw a few years ago at Cannery Row (Laguna Seca). Some guy had a motarded CR 500 on the STREET with a license plate hanging on it. I would be arrested in about 45 seconds!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: what the [email protected] was that?? (sparky)

Gateway Supermoto will pay an extra $100 to anyone who wins the Open Money on a CR500, YZ490/WR500 or KX500. In fact if I can get Banda to bite, we may pay someone just to get top 3. It's be well worth the money to see somone good really try.

What about making Jeff Ward ride one of his original KX500 Superbikers!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
84 cr 500 set up for tt is what I went through road racing school on. Nothing like wheelying past gixxers on a mx bike. fun part was I could leave it tapped where they were on the brakes. I was quickly moved out of class and into the race session.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (sm250)

picture comes from a race in Germany i doubt they used dirt track tires... 100% full wets wa quit popular back in the 2000...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (Giannis)

Hey Giannis, I forgot were you said you were you lived when you were over there. Greece? Did you do any SM while you lived over there?

Also, how's the DRZ holding up? I sure miss getting to watch that thing crash up here at the hands of Agentwilliams.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (chriscap)

Yes and im going back to Europe again... I didn't have my own SM but i used to ride other friends bikes mostly KTM LC4s, XRs, KLXs etc....

the DRZ holding up really good!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts