Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy a spal fan for my 2000 rc51? Can anyone tell me size or give me link with least expensive place to buy from etc. Pm me with details if possible. Thanks in advance

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
You want a 5.5" fan for your RC51...

Cheapest place from what I hear is e-bay... but I HATE e-bay, I'll get mine locally IF possible ;)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I am gonna but the one I found on ebay. Looks like the right size also. 5.5. Someone sent me link and said it was what they bought they thought so just wanted to confirm size. Thanks again

You want a 5.5" fan for your RC51...

Cheapest place from what I hear is e-bay... but I HATE e-bay, I'll get mine locally IF possible ;)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's kinda where I am at currently. Wanna order one days ago but not sure exactly what size and which is best and most efficient etc. I have been talking with a few others so will find out soon and order mine and let you know.

post up the link you have from what you order. I don't want to order the wrong one!!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks I got that part. However some say 5.2 and some say 5.5 I believe? The 5.2 I guess pushes more but the draw of amps is difference so that is stalling my purchase time. Sucks! Wish I just knew which was best.

Also make sure you get a "pusher" fan.

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
Thanks I got that part. However some say 5.2 and some say 5.5 I believe? The 5.2 I guess pushes more but the draw of amps is difference so that is stalling my purchase time. Sucks! Wish I just knew which was best.
Shite! I posted my reply in the wrong darn thread... So I've copied it here for you below: IF You haven't already found it... Which by your reply here above... You haven't.;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00 rc-51
Not trying to hijack thread but hoping to ask a question. What spal fan should I use? Size? Pusher? ebay link maybe? Please pm me with details. Havent got a concrete answer on which to buy and wanna buy soon. Thanks

Hey mang.,
Here you go, "selfinflection" has posted picture reply #19, another member a link to SPALUSA and reply #33 has the actual Part# supplied by one of the boys! Thanks guys! :clapper

All's I did was "SEARCH" Spal fan and "2" threads came up.;)

Air scoops and fans

I Hope this Helps,

Peace Jeff

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Newbie just found the search option! LOL. I think this is the part number you were talking about? Please correct me if I am wrong. there were 2 numbers one is 3010-3013 and other is va31-a101-46s. Am I correct? Thanks

Shite! I posted my reply in the wrong darn thread... So I've copied it here for you below: IF You haven't already found it... Which by your reply here above... You haven't.;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00 rc-51
Not trying to hijack thread but hoping to ask a question. What spal fan should I use? Size? Pusher? ebay link maybe? Please pm me with details. Havent got a concrete answer on which to buy and wanna buy soon. Thanks

Hey mang.,
Here you go, "selfinflection" has posted picture reply #19, another member a link to SPALUSA and reply #33 has the actual Part# supplied by one of the boys! Thanks guys! :clapper

All's I did was "SEARCH" Spal fan and "2" threads came up.;)

Air scoops and fans

I Hope this Helps,

Peace Jeff

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
Yep, one item has two part numbers through spal

VA37-A101-46S and 30103013 are the same fan. This is what you want. This is the right fan, and it doesn't look like the picture in that auction, they should look like this. The auction does have the right part number though.

You want the one with the grate so you don't pick up a rock and grind it into your radiator. This is the same seller that I bought mine from: eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I heard the 5.2 pushes more air than 5.5 and also think amps may be different? I will prob get 5.2? Do I need one or 2? If one what side will it mount on? If I run two is one a push and other a pull or both push etc? Anyone ever experimented with that?

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
I heard the 5.2 pushes more air than 5.5 and also think amps may be different? I will prob get 5.2? Do I need one or 2? If one what side will it mount on? If I run two is one a push and other a pull or both push etc? Anyone ever experimented with that?
WHOLEY CRAP! I give Up dude.:confused: ... "You heard" because I told You, SPAL list CFM and apms drawn and ALL the INFO. You or anyone else needs has been giving to YOU now, what.... 2, 3, 4 times?... :banghead
READ Brother>>>-----> "READ" :p

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
WHOLEY CRAP! I give Up dude.:confused: ... "You heard" because I told You, SPAL list CFM and apms drawn and ALL the INFO. You or anyone else needs has been giving to YOU now, what.... 2, 3, 4 times?... :banghead
Lmfao, I am surprised that it's taken this long. At least I think he found the search function.

00 - the fan you want is in my post with the picture. Like I said, I bought mine from the link at the bottom. That fan is the part number I listed. If you want specs on it, go to spal's website. It works, it works just as one fan, on the left side is where I put mine. It doesn't really matter which side you go with, left has more room. It worked by itself up to about 105 degrees fahrenheight. At that point I was running it 100% of the time. The bike stayed at 200-205 on the freeway and would stay around 210 on city streets. If the ambient temp stays below 95, one fan will cool the bike down to 185 quickly while stopped or on city streets, freeway and you wont even need it running.

For mounting my fan, all I did was buy some 1/8th inch aluminum stock from home depot and cut it with a hacksaw, bend it in a vise with a hammer, drill some holes, file down the sharp edges and you are done. It uses the stock mounting points on the rad and a couple spare bolts to tie it all together. The fan in my post does not have the same connector as stock. You will have to cut them both off and solder the switch off the stock fan onto the spal fan. If you want a super clean deal, you can order the little crimps that will fit into the stock plug and use those. Do a search on here for a thread titled "electrical connector" in the sport twins section, and you'll find a thread with links to two places that sell them if you want to go the no-solder route. The fan also comes with a fuse online with the wiring, take it or leave it, up to you. I left mine.

I also have a manual switch hooked up to the fan relay with the wires running to the front (through left side of bike with the rest of the wires) where the switch is mounted to the upper mount for the left lower. It is a dual pole dual throw (DPDT) switch from radio shack with two prongs for wires. It doesn't matter which terminal you hook them up to on the switch, but you'll have to look at a wiring diagram to find the correct wires to jack into on the relay (which is in the tail btw). I have and SP2, your stuff is probably different. You may just need to find a spare relay (eBay) and hook it up to the battery. You need a relay because if you have the power running through the switch, it will fry it. Buy a service manual if you don't already have one, or look around on the Internet, the PDF version is out there.

If you need more after that, go with a second fan or scoops. Scoops can be had through thorsten durbahn, or turn one. You can run a search here and find plenty of info on either, and how to make your own with sheet metal.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lol. You told me and then I did look it up and read a little here and there but havent had time to study it like I want been winterizing boats and cars etc. I don't want my engine blocks to freeze!!! Sorry I have been busy and haven't had much time as most people to do the little things in life. Thanks for help and hope I didnt upset you it's just bad timing. DAMN MAN I AM SORRY!!!!:eek:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts