Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This seems to get tossed around a bit... I'm getting one and wanted to see what the preferences were...

I'm leaning to the 19X20, as it seemed to have a firmer feel and less travel. What do you all think?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: What size Brembo Radial Master gives the best feel? (900CR)

Ask Gianis, he knows every rumor under the bridge but will tell you it doesn't matter if you don't have a Rossi.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I use a 19x20 on my Ducatis with 4 pad calipers because they give bit more feel and i don't need the power.

I use the 18 on my GSXR because I do need the power

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: What size Brembo Radial Master gives the best feel? (954Demon)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 954Demon »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ask Gianis, he knows every rumor under the bridge but will tell you it doesn't matter if you don't have a Rossi.</TD></TR></TABLE>

And YOU'RE the one accusing Giannis of infecting every thread with your stupid little debate?

Anyway, back to the topic at hand...

Smaller bore = more travel and more ultimate power.

Larger bore = less power, but less travel.

[edit]

Okay, I did some searching around, and the above is correct. However, my understanding of "feel" was not.

I had thought that you would get more "feel" from the smaller cylinder, with more travel. But apparently, it's the opposite:

With a larger cylinder, it takes more effort at the lever to move the caliper pistons a given amount. Therefore, it's easier for your fingers to sense the difference in braking power.

Whereas, with the smaller cylinder you get more power to the brakes with just a little bit of lever travel, so you can actually be braking too hard without realizing it.

SO...

I guess the answer would be, if you want the best "feel", go with the LARGER bore, but you may not get the best overall stopping power.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Smaller bore = More travel, more braking power, but less feel.

Larger bore = Less travel, better feel, but less power.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Modified by AZ Scott at 12:58 AM 10/18/2004

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: What size Brembo Radial Master gives the best feel? (AZ Scott)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AZ Scott »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

And YOU'RE the one accusing Giannis of infecting every thread with your stupid little debate?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I did it to show him what it's like.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

what are you? 5? grow up dude

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: What size Brembo Radial Master gives the best feel? (slowpoke)

Take my RC out for a session next week when we do T-Hill I have the brembo 19 x 18 unit. You decide.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 954Demon »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I did it to show him what it's like.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That'll teach him.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Have a look at this. Might help, might not. If your calipers have different diameter pistons in them, then you get to do more math. Obviously you know the importance of braided lines.

Slight hijack:

Anyone care to comment on their experiences with different diameter brake lines? I may be incorrect here, but I believe that if you order braided lines you get what are refered to as "dash3" lines (unless you specify otherwise), which I was led to believe at one point have a larger diameter bore than "dash2" lines. I've ridden two TLR's with each size (allegedly), allthough the one that was supposed to have the dash2's also had AP Racing calipers, rotors & mstr cyl (of unknown bore & stroke), while my bike had stock calipers, rotors, & mstr cyl, & presumably dash3 braided lines. My setup when properly bled had amazing feel & stopping power, the other felt like it'd send you over the bars as soon as your glove leather touched the lever.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: What size Brembo Radial Master gives the best feel? (AZ Scott)

Hey, since the middle ages... eye for an eye, now on level ground.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: What size Brembo Radial Master gives the best feel? (Jacka$$)

Thanks for the feedback, fellas.

Installed a 19x20 today on the 6RR... not all that easy because of the radius on the stock clip-ons, but the Nichols Boys had it done in less than an hour.

I'll have a report after two solid days (Mon/Tues) at Thunderhill with Kegwins @ the Track. Keep your fingers criossed. So far, they feel great, but only a few good laps will tell... praying the stockers fading tendancies will be gone forever.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Any update? I'm trying to decide between the 19x20 & 19x18 for the gixxer.

DW

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: What size Brembo Radial Master gives the best feel? (BMWHP)

Quick Update...

I went with the 19x20, and couldn't be happier. Very little lever travel/effort required and twice the feel of the stocker. Total success!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Thanks for the info! I went with the 19x20 for my RC51; am awaiting arrival from Motowheels so I can install them.

Good looking photos, too! Congrats on the bike!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: What size Brembo Radial Master gives the best feel? (spezjag)

I also ended up going with the 19x20. Plus Galfer lines and Galfer 1375 pads. Major power AND feel.

Now the forks are getting the Thermosman special innards
Penske internals and .9 springs.

DW

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: (drsus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by drsus »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what? are does forks kidnapped or something? what's with the paper?</TD></TR></TABLE>

DW

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If you ever want to see your precious forks alive again you'll.........

Sorry..... couldn't resist

Modified by Sbk_Drew at 5:46 PM 6/22/2005

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.