Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Road Racing World used 31F and 22R for their track tire comparison.

I was wondering what people on here have been using. I noticed their rear number was WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY lower than any other tire they tested.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: What psi for your power race? (theman1990)

I run the front at 32-33 and the rear at 22-24.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: What psi for your power race? (SpeedKills)

I start at 32F and 22R, the rear I have run higher on hot days.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, so I put the power races on, 180 rear. I
have an '04 with stock suspension set up like sport rider chart says to. I start with 27psi F and 24psi R thinking this'll be close for riding around on the street to check it out. IT SUCKED! Felt like it was falling into corners and I had to drag it around by the handlebars.
The only other tires I have tried are the 208 street tires that came on it. WTF??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (oljackboy)

Street temps are differerent from track temps. How long did you ride on the street with those psi settings? Enough time to heat up the tires?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, maybe 20 min. Pretty hot day. For sure nothing like race track temps. But the front tire was the culprit. Spoke w/Dan Kyle who told me to shim the rear ride height using a 5mm shim washer. will try it tonite.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by oljackboy »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It was the front tire pressure. Jeez! </TD></TR></TABLE>

One of the guys testing the tires in Cali said that anything under 30 in the front made it feel like a completely different tire.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Your not riding hard enough to get the tire pressure up. Use tire warms before you go out next time and you will feel a difference. If not put more air in. Your not on the track

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (jersey_devil_68)

front tire pressures RARELY go under 30psi...
great starting point for good feel, (COLD TIRE PRESSURE.. SET BEFORE YOU RIDE)
31-32 front (rarely lower than 30.. the front will want to stand the bike up under braking)
28-30 rear (i've seen lower for racing, hoov and i know the same tire guy, so his info is right on..)

higher pressures for street riding, tires heat up less on the street, so the temp raises the warm tire pressure less,
lower pressures for hard track riding, tires heat up more, so the temp creates higher hot tire pressures...

most sportbikes i see in the shop get set to 32-32.. it's a great ballpark, not too high, not too low, everyone here would be astonished to see how many bikes come in for service in the sub 30 range (from negligence) and cant figure out why they handle like crap..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts