Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Geez. Some people...
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There have been a few... er, interesting new member stories here lately, and I got to wondering:

How did you decide to make the transition from lurker to poster?

Or did you start posting as soon as you joined?

Was your first post a question? A comment? A personal ad? Other?

Let's hear your story...

As for myself, I started lurking on the old, old, OLD Speedvision message board, just to see what people were talking about.

There was a thread regarding countersteering - which some of you old-timers may still remember :rolleyes: - that had so much misinformation in it, I couldn't stay silent any longer. So I jumped right into the middle of it, and the rest is history. So here we are today...

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
I was just happily skipping along the web one day looking for opportunities to insert my foot in my mouth & happened upon a honey hole of childish banter that I could play along with

smoth lik coffee tabel

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Bought my 999. Had questions. Someone at the local biker breakfast place recommended Speedzilla.

Posted right away with the questions I had.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I started lurking while looking for info for a new motorcycle purchase (and possibly killing time at work). I obviously don't post much, but I have been able to learn quite a bit, and have sold and bought various items with different members.

Great question by the way.:clapper

·
Registered
69 Posts
Cause I had a ducati & the folks seemed to know what they were talking about - also much more friendly than the old ducati list

·
Tough Crowd Racing #162
1,775 Posts
I had a wheelie question!! :D :D :D

And I was getting ready to buy a 51.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Before I bought my RC51 the logical thing to do was to check out the websites. RC51.org RC51.com RC51.net etc etc. Well RC51.org you had to pay for (sorry mike I'm a cheap A$$)...net didn't work and .com linked to the old insanespeed boards. Lurked for a while decided to buy a 51 had some questions posted and the rest is....

·
Registered
389 Posts
Bought a Duc and had some questions. Lurked for a few weeks then asked. Have learned a bunch since first joining. Hats off to you people who have helped out:clapper

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
The Index, Bob Cowins site turned into a really ugly mess with vulgar posts and insults galore. I got tired of wading through the garbage posts so I left it and came here. This is a really good group of people.

Registration would have saved The Index.

·
Registered
506 Posts
DocHolliday said:
I thought it would be a great way to meet girls!! DOH!!! :p
dam you !! i just spit part of my chillidog all over the screen , and my nose is burning from the hot sauce !!
I was asking question on another local board and they gave a plug to here ,,, so now here i am ,,, asked about the stalling and it was all down hill from there :rockon

·
Registered
887 Posts
I came through the RC51 board. I was thinking about buying a RC51. Good amount of info on that bike here. Never got the RC51, but i still have a thing for it. I soon learned the street & track board is great for race discussion, and sportbikes in general. Wealth of knowledge around here.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I used to mine info off here, but one day I saw a thread that was so full of gibberish that I couldn't stay silent. No it wasn't the carbon wheels.

Now what brought me here was Dan Kyle's list of favorite links. I got there by way of Motorush, and that also showed me the way to Rogue.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I got diverted from The Index and jumped right in with a question about what type of oil to run in my Duc :D

I do like Speedzilla; good balance of humor (LDH) and information plus "most" members are very passionate and respectful for our sport.

Cheers,
D

1 - 20 of 91 Posts