Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WTF? Is Rossi going to get the title in Laguna? WTF doing the Honda guys?? What's up with the Respol team from the factory team they become the C -team..

points standings

Rossi - 145

Melandri -87

Biaggi - 77

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: What no Catalan Spoiler??? (Giannis)

Man, Moto GP is a GREAT SERIES!!! I dont like to watch Rossi win, but I do like to watch Rossi because it is soo exciting. Honda needs a rider who is consistantly as fast as Rossi, not one that is fast at this track, and one that is fast at that track.

*sigh* maybe someday........ A good race though!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: What no Catalan Spoiler??? (sQuid^)

This is getting freakin' ridiculous....those guys are setting the track record by something like 1.4 seconds ON WORN OUT TIRES AT THE END OF THE RACE......waaaay faster than in qualifying on "Q's". Sete was sliding like crazy to keep the pace.....Nicky had a real good day and shows he belongs there.....early in the race when everyone was cornering in some kind of line, Nicky was just backin' that thing in the turns slidin' like he was on a flat track....he and Marco and Barros had their own race and, all on the same bike, showed very different riding styles. Got a serious lump in my throat when Sete ran into Marco....thought that was going to take out Marco, Sete and Valentino all at once....if there is a race series that is better than this, it is on another planet. Tamada showed just how ballsy these guys are....tucked the front and rode the bike horizontal in a shower of sparks never letting go of the bars like he was going to somehow through some kind of Vulcan mind-warp actually come out okay. This is major entertainment and I couldn't imagine missing a single race.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: What no Catalan Spoiler??? (roadkill)

Yeah it was an awesome race... few laps to go, I was going... Sete is going to win.. maybe Rossi will LET him win, at home, kinda like take pity on him... but NOPE.. the guy has more will to win than anyone.. ever!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Rossi is so tactical. I feel he was sand bagging most of the race down the front straight. At first Sete would pull away from Rossi there. Then Sete could not close in on him, on the power, on the last three laps. Yamaha have increased the power on that bike for sure.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Yeah, what roadkill said. Great stuff. So exciting, I ate just one potato chip.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by roadkill »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This is getting freakin' ridiculous....those guys are setting the track record by something like 1.4 seconds ON WORN OUT TIRES AT THE END OF THE RACE......waaaay faster than in qualifying on "Q's".</TD></TR></TABLE>
They were not faster then this years qualifying during the race. They were faster then last year thou.........

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: What no Catalan Spoiler??? (SP8)

I take that back. They Sete was still faster on Q's in 04 compared to Rossi's 05 race lap record.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Wow...... Kawi is 3rd so far in the Constructors Championship. They should dump the stones, and goto Mich.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Sete ran a medium front & hard rear tire, Rossi ran hard both front & rear.... as long as Rossi could stay with Sete, he would be able to take the lead as Sete's tires wore away... Rossi is so smooth, he can manage his tires better than just about everyone else.... He deserves the title (again).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: What no Catalan Spoiler??? (hank)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hank »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sete ran a medium front & hard rear tire, Rossi ran hard both front & rear.... as long as Rossi could stay with Sete, he would be able to take the lead as Sete's tires wore away... Rossi is so smooth, he can manage his tires better than just about everyone else.... He deserves the title (again).
</TD></TR></TABLE>

When you look at the "falling off a cliff" difference in lap times from the front runners to the next group, some of those guys must be running recaps or "race takeoffs". From seventh to eight was almost a light year in racing terms.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by roadkill »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

When you look at the "falling off a cliff" difference in lap times from the front runners to the next group, some of those guys must be running recaps or "race takeoffs". From seventh to eight was almost a light year in racing terms.</TD></TR></TABLE>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

One of the better races I ever seen/watched. This is simply fantastic and it's going to be interesting to see how the riders who never experienced the corkscrew at Laguna Seca do in a couple of weeks. I know a lot of magazines don't agree with me but down sizing the MotoGP bikes to 800cc I think will really dampen the series if not kill it. I would be willing to bet that Rossi hangs up the boots in 2007 when they go from the 990 to 800cc machines.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: What no Catalan Spoiler??? (drthompson65)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by drthompson65 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I would be willing to bet that Rossi hangs up the boots in 2007 when they go from the 990 to 800cc machines.</TD></TR></TABLE>
I know I would. I hate the idea of 800cc GP. If WSBK was smart, they would allow further weight reduction in the Superbike class. This is a perfect chance to steal some ratings from MotoGP. Dorna is too dumb to see it. The loss of Rossi, and slower bikes sounds like a bad thing to me. I'll crack up if the SBK boys start running faster lap times.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
as far as the 800cc limit goes....I don't really have a problem with it. From a manufacturer point of view, all the tech that has been developed...kinda have to start from scratch (Ducati??)
Perhaps Rossi will stick around as the new engine size will bring a new challenge to the series...for the first race or 2, then Rossi will start winning :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

The 800cc Moto GP bikes will make as much HP as a superbike, they may not have quite as much torque but the world superbikes will never get close to GP lap times while they ride on Pirelli control tires. The WSBK lap times aren't even as fast when Bayliss and Edwards were out there racing because the Pirellis are more like a production tire instead of being handmade specials like the GP guy's get.

Oh, and Rossi owns all these guys right now. The guy never makes the wrong choice when it comes to tires, breaking lap records at the end of the races just shows how he is only riding at 90-95 percent of his ability for the majority of the race.

That was a great battle between Melandri, Barros and Hayden, I just wish we could have seen more of it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: What no Catalan Spoiler??? (drthompson65)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by drthompson65 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I know a lot of magazines don't agree with me but down sizing the MotoGP bikes to 800cc I think will really dampen the series if not kill it. I would be willing to bet that Rossi hangs up the boots in 2007 when they go from the 990 to 800cc machines.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Rossi won't be around when they downsize.......2006 is his last year.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by roadkill »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Rossi won't be around when they downsize.......2006 is his last year. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm afraid you're right. The only reason Rossi really went to Yamaha was for the challange of being on a substandard bike and proving he can still win. I'm not saying the Yamaha is a turd, but the Honda was a completely sorted package. Now Val pretty much owns everybody, he runs at or near the front till the last few laps and then puts it on em' to show how fast he can really ride. They know it and he knows it. He does have the balls to try new challenges and I think he will after next year. He knows he's the best, what's left to prove?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: What no Catalan Spoiler??? (Phil 998)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Phil 998 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
He knows he's the best, what's left to prove?</TD></TR></TABLE>

How much he can rub it in?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts