Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am debating going from a full system Jardine 2 into 1 or slip on dual carbon highmount? The single is not carbon. I could even fit one of the carbon cans to work with my full exhaust single system. That's the debate and need help choosing a path. Thanks for input!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found info but still not sure. Looks like my 2-1 full system is better than the highmount slipons all around? Maybe I am reading dyno sheets wrong? Please help. I will post all dynos.

Here is hp dyno from high mount slip on Jardines. Second dyno will be for same set up for torque etc.
http://www.rc51.org/dyno/j1.jpg
http://www.rc51.org/dyno/j2.jpg

Here is for the 2-1 full system. Thanks
http://www.rc51.org/dyno/2-1jardine.jpg

The ROGUE site (www.rcr1.org) has a complete discussion and dyno charts. Free to see.

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
2-1 will make more power up top, and lose some in the midrange. Slip ons are better in the mid range but lose a little up top. This is all in general, and remember that all dyno charts are pretty much worthless unless you are comparing two runs on the same dyno on the same day. That 1hp difference can be changed with a few psi in the tire or chain tension, or a different tire, or which way the dyno operators johnson is hanging. Also notice that one of those charts has mph as the independent variable, and the other uses rpms. That is why you may be confused.

Most prefer slip on pipes because the dip in the mid range can be severe, especially if not tuned correctly. 2-1 are also much louder if that is a concern.

It's all pretty much a waste of time speculating on top hp numbers unless you plan on racing the thing or spending a lot of time at the track. How much time do you spend above 6k rpms at full throttle on the street?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Usually if ever above 6k full throttle is only on take off on the street. Real rare other wise. Here is my problem. My 2 into 1 is great shape but the slip ons have dented and kind kinked mid pipes. I was thinking of having mine dyno tuned either way after with either set up. I do like my bikes a little louder also. Will the slip ons be a jerky at slower speeds in traffic? I have had my bike to 177 before and was barley climbing. Is that do to the single? Would twins have much less? Just kind of wondering characteristic changes Thanks

2-1 will make more power up top, and lose some in the midrange. Slip ons are better in the mid range but lose a little up top. This is all in general, and remember that all dyno charts are pretty much worthless unless you are comparing two runs on the same dyno on the same day. That 1hp difference can be changed with a few psi in the tire or chain tension, or a different tire, or which way the dyno operators johnson is hanging. Also notice that one of those charts has mph as the independent variable, and the other uses rpms. That is why you may be confused.

Most prefer slip on pipes because the dip in the mid range can be severe, especially if not tuned correctly. 2-1 are also much louder if that is a concern.

It's all pretty much a waste of time speculating on top hp numbers unless you plan on racing the thing or spending a lot of time at the track. How much time do you spend above 6k rpms at full throttle on the street?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I can't really answer much of your questions but I can throw in :twocents since I am good at that. I hope I do not get flamed too bad for this but I was 22 once and had my squidy moments and raced an 06 yzfr6. My rc is bone stock and I out pulled him all the way up too "130ish" and topped out at "163 mph" according to the speedo which are notorious for being off by 5-10%. So, like bmiller said unless you plan on racing at mugello top speed and hp numbers are just for bragging rights. In which case go big and buy a hayabusa and turbo it with wet jets so it produces 500hp. I would gladly trade 5% hp at the top for a 7-10% increase in the middle because that is where i spend 95% of my ridding time. I will now dismount my soap box.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm running the Jardine CF dual slip ons in the standard mount. I can vouch for the quality, they have held up real well through lots of street miles and track days. From my recollection, the rogue info showed the standard mount/dual cans to be a little better power?? I guess if you have to have the highmount look, or single can thats your call though. Its probably more important to have a good corresponding powercommander map. I use the Sato low mount map and it runs great.

I don't notice any "jerkyness" with slip ons and this map, at least, no more than stock.

I agree with bison, the difference in all these systems is marginal, i'd be more concerned with smoothness through the power band, mid range and build quality.

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Usually if ever above 6k full throttle is only on take off on the street. Real rare other wise. Here is my problem. My 2 into 1 is great shape but the slip ons have dented and kind kinked mid pipes. I was thinking of having mine dyno tuned either way after with either set up. I do like my bikes a little louder also. Will the slip ons be a jerky at slower speeds in traffic? I have had my bike to 177 before and was barley climbing. Is that do to the single? Would twins have much less? Just kind of wondering characteristic changes Thanks
Hate to harsh yer mellow pal, but you weren't doin' a buck seventy seven unless you were riding off a cliff.................:rolleyes:

Semper Fi! :rockon

-Rocky-

·
Usual Suspect
535 Posts
How much time do you spend above 6k rpms at full throttle on the street?
Oddly enough more than you'd think. It all depends on how you like to ride a bike. If you want to have peak hp and only ride high in the revs then you can ride an RC like that and it will comply. On the contrary you can lug it around. It's all personal preference really.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts