Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious what other board members may use to run around the track (or somewhere else) instead of cranking up their primary ride.

I've got a 50cc Malaguti Foggy rep, punched out to 70cc, with a racing pipe and shock. Good for about 53 mph on level ground. Every now and then I'll take it out on a secondary road and mix it up with traffic just to show other folks that scooters can be cool too!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: What Kind of Pit Bike Do You Have? (998R)

U putting around in a re-built 1984 Honda Z50R. It's stock spec so i'm only good for around 30-35mph...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: What Kind of Pit Bike Do You Have? (996pilot)

http://www.exkate.com/ecom/sto...=1000

the ultimate pit bike....i know another member on here that just bought one but it might have killed him already since i havent heard his "race report" from it yet.

caution DO NOT drink and ride this skateboard, recipe for roadrash

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (Capt. Home Slice)

I have a Yamaha Zuma (first generation model). It has all the qualities a good pit bike MUST have:

- Able to be ridden with one hand, so you can carry stuff with the other

- Room on the floor board to carry a fuel jug or a set of wheels/tires

- Electric start

- Passenger seat (and I've carried two adult passengers on it!)

- Luggage rack with home-made trailer hitch so I can tow a little garden trailer behind it

- Decent top speed (about 45mph with a tail wind)

- Fat tires that give it decent off-road capability

- Doesn't look completely gay - only slightly gay

There are a lot of little pit bikes out there that look cool and are fun to ride, but as far as I'm concerned, a pit bike is a tool. If it doesn't have all those utility aspects, it's just a waste...

Modified by AZ Scott at 1:14 AM 5/5/2005

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (AZ Scott)

list of mods so long, it would be easier to tell you what's still stock: frame, wheels, motor bottom end.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: What Kind of Pit Bike Do You Have? (Qwak748)

Qwak748, my X-24 kicked ass this weekend at Fontana!

I rode it around all weekend including countless trips around the paddock and back and forth from hot pit lane to the garages. It was even able to pull me hanging on to a Handy trailer packed full with stands, tool box and honda generator! Suprisingly, it could run right over garden and air hoses without a problem and it would run the whole day with out a recharge.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (AZ Scott)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AZ Scott »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have a Yamaha Zuma (first generation model). It has all the qualities a good pit bike MUST have:

- Able to be ridden with one hand, so you can carry stuff with the other

- Room on the floor board to carry a fuel jug or a set of wheels/tires

- Electric start

- Passenger seat (and I've carried two adult passengers on it!)

- Luggage rack with home-made trailer hitch so I can tow a little garden trailer behind it

- Decent top speed (about 45mph with a tail wind)

- Fat tires that give it decent off-road capability

- Doesn't look completely gay - only slightly gay

There are a lot of little pit bikes out there that look cool and are fun to ride, but as far as I'm concerned, a pit bike is a tool. If it doesn't have all those utility aspects, it's just a waste...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Don't forget wheelie. What fun is a pit bike that can't wheelie?

I have a TTR125L w/ dirt track tires.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: What Kind of Pit Bike Do You Have? (Rrider)

A classic 1972 Honda CL100 Scrambler. Street legal and carries two.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: What Kind of Pit Bike Do You Have? (weasel)

I'm kind of pit-bike "rich" right now.

1987 Honda Spree 50
2004 Honda Ruckus

and the newest addition to the family, a 2004 TRX90.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: What Kind of Pit Bike Do You Have? (g-man)

2001 Madwagon six-speed PEDAL POWER!!!
But it works.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1972 Kawasaki KV-75 mini-bike. I'm looking for a copper head gasket though...it only holds the hi-temp liquid gasket for one compression cycle.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: What Kind of Pit Bike Do You Have? (sean edgett)

Nuthin' like causin' a Ruckus at the track.
It's super smooth and quite. Waiting on the cup holder to come in.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: What Kind of Pit Bike Do You Have? (Qwak748)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Qwak748 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">http://www.exkate.com/ecom/sto...=1000

the ultimate pit bike....i know another member on here that just bought one but it might have killed him already since i havent heard his "race report" from it yet.

caution DO NOT drink and ride this skateboard, recipe for roadrash
</TD></TR></TABLE>

For those interested in this board let me know. I can get it for a lot cheaper than $999! I know the designer and the manufactoror personally.. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: What Kind of Pit Bike Do You Have? (drthompson65)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by drthompson65 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
For those interested in this board let me know. I can get it for a lot cheaper than $999! I know the designer and the manufactoror personally.. :)</TD></TR></TABLE>

Great...I just bought mine last week!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: What Kind of Pit Bike Do You Have? (Tripod-R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tripod-R »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Nuthin' like causin' a Ruckus at the track.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Do they make frame sliders for those things?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: What Kind of Pit Bike Do You Have? (Tripod-R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tripod-R »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Nuthin' like causin' a Ruckus at the track.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

awesome!! me likey.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts