Speedzilla Forums banner

What I've been working on.......

63K views 492 replies 34 participants last post by  Turbo329 
#1 ·
The Track Bike is getting a Total makeover. :D

See less See more
#4 ·
My season started a few weeks back but I didn't do anything really in the off season except clean the air filter, change the oil and filter, add a new chain and sprockets, new steering damper.

Your off season tear down is impressive. Should be like new when you get it back together. Keep us updated.

#8 ·
I scored those FCR41s last year for only $400. The guy practically gave them to me. lol

The Wiseco 1.5mm overbore were donated by another Forum member who didn't have any use for them. I only need to buy new rings, and a 4th piston.

The head is getting a 5-angle valve job and some light porting and milling as I type this.

I'm sending the cams and the crank out this week to get worked. That's about a 3 week ETA. Then the rest of the project is purely labor and supplies.

If I wasn't too cheap I'd do the ZX-10R swingarm conversion but that would mean that I'd have to buy another rear Marvic.

#6 ·
Wow T, so much for the ZX10R then...

Truly must be love to invest this amount of time and coin. Kudos. Looking at those pics reminds me of my off-season prep years back. TBH I do not miss it, but I can appreciate the level of effort involved.

#7 ·
Wow T, so much for the ZX10R then...

Truly must be love to invest this amount of time and coin. Kudos. Looking at those pics reminds me of my off-season prep years back. TBH I do not miss it, but I can appreciate the level of effort involved.

I just bought a house upstate NY so I had to put my ZX-10R plans on delay for a bit. It sucks but long term it was the smarter choice.

I figured, why not rebuild the track bike, make it a little faster and learn some new skills in the process that will follow me to virtually any bike I work on down the road.

#21 ·
I am waiting for the photo of Marv standing next to that thing looking all pissed off...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.