Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 493 Posts

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
My season started a few weeks back but I didn't do anything really in the off season except clean the air filter, change the oil and filter, add a new chain and sprockets, new steering damper.

Your off season tear down is impressive. Should be like new when you get it back together. Keep us updated.

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Wow T, so much for the ZX10R then...

Truly must be love to invest this amount of time and coin. Kudos. Looking at those pics reminds me of my off-season prep years back. TBH I do not miss it, but I can appreciate the level of effort involved.

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow T, so much for the ZX10R then...

Truly must be love to invest this amount of time and coin. Kudos. Looking at those pics reminds me of my off-season prep years back. TBH I do not miss it, but I can appreciate the level of effort involved.

I just bought a house upstate NY so I had to put my ZX-10R plans on delay for a bit. It sucks but long term it was the smarter choice.

I figured, why not rebuild the track bike, make it a little faster and learn some new skills in the process that will follow me to virtually any bike I work on down the road.

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My season started a few weeks back but I didn't do anything really in the off season except clean the air filter, change the oil and filter, add a new chain and sprockets, new steering damper.

Your off season tear down is impressive. Should be like new when you get it back together. Keep us updated.

I scored those FCR41s last year for only $400. The guy practically gave them to me. lol

The Wiseco 1.5mm overbore were donated by another Forum member who didn't have any use for them. I only need to buy new rings, and a 4th piston.

The head is getting a 5-angle valve job and some light porting and milling as I type this.

I'm sending the cams and the crank out this week to get worked. That's about a 3 week ETA. Then the rest of the project is purely labor and supplies.

If I wasn't too cheap I'd do the ZX-10R swingarm conversion but that would mean that I'd have to buy another rear Marvic.

·
Currently: Moderating
12,576 Posts
Here's a bike with the 10R swingarm conversion. it is also a few lbs lighter too.

The words lipstick and pig come to mind. You Kawi guys are a special breed but at least you don't wear sandals and socks so you're alright in my book.:D

1 - 20 of 493 Posts