Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:confused: I know i should know this one but i don't. Trying to get the 51 back together after 3+ years. I have a few more parts i am wating on but this little plug is just sitting there and i have nothing to attach to it LOL

Thanks for any help

Mark

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Based on location, I think it's a turn signal or after market speedo healer plug. It's been too long since I've had a functional rc to remember accurately.
Thank you for your help Kurt!

I just wandered out and i have a Jim Almahns healer and it is hooked up and all the tail lights and signals are too:confused:

How the heck can i not know what went there???

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you have a close-up? Speedo and taillight should have 3 wires, this looks like only 2?

One brown and one green. Signals have connectors orange and blue, both are connected. The plate light is a white connector, connected. The rear brake lights are 3 and both connected so i am perplexed:confused:

Anybody have their tail off?

Thanks for the help too

·
Registered
92 Posts
Most of the people that know exactly what the connector is, wont have answered, because you're about as popular as a turd in a swimming pool, but I digress ......... ;)

As earlier mentioned, its the "service check" connector that's used to reset the dash, after it has showed any FI faults, by bridging it with a wire/metal clip, so it doesn't have anything plugged into it.

It just sits there until/unless, you need to clear any fault code blinks from your dash.

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Most of the people that know exactly what the connector is, wont have answered, because you're about as popular as a turd in a swimming pool, but I digress ......... ;)

As earlier mentioned, its the "service check" connector that's used to reset the dash, after it has showed any FI faults, by bridging it with a wire/metal clip, so it doesn't have anything plugged into it.

It just sits there until/unless, you need to clear any fault code blinks from your dash.
Luckily for me you must not be one of those people;)

Been a few years and could not remember what it was, or was not.

Thank you for your help SC and others

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Luckily for me you must not be one of those people;)

Been a few years and could not remember what it was, or was not.

Thank you for your help SC and others
You have been here for 14 years and have forgotten more than most will ever know about the RC51 and you did not know that was the service check connector.

You're slipping MrGrn...I also expected a nastier reply to Screamin Chief from you, I am greatly disappointed.

Between Screamin Chiefs post and watching some re run of Pawn Stars today where the fat kid drops his brand new "chopper" I was in a jovial mood...but all that is tempered by MrGrns display of civility.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts