Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Asking RC's owners with forged alu wheels, can you tell how different they made in term of rideability(excel,brake,turn)? Thanks in advance.
I got thought of either improve it with these wheel, or get a 600. Just break my heart thinking of get rid of my RC already:( , while ago I had a chance to test out 05' 600RR, man that thing light, and power keep kick in as I kept revving it.:notworthy

·
Tough Crowd Racing #167
1,374 Posts
I didnt beleive it at first but yes they make a noticeable difference. My first time out on them I found myself turning in to early or throwing it into turns like usual only to find myself almost running off the inside of turns. It is very easy to throw side to side, from full ean both ways. The biggest way I noticed was that I am not totaly exhausted after a session anymore.

It was sort of like getting the full Ohlins, I didnt think it would make that big a difference but it does. Its just a damn money pit is all.:D

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for opinion,Rookie, what brand is yours?

·
Premium Member
3,333 Posts
DatRC said:
Asking RC's owners with forged alu wheels, can you tell how different they made in term of rideability(excel,brake,turn)? Thanks in advance.
I got thought of either improve it with these wheel, or get a 600. Just break my heart thinking of get rid of my RC already:( , while ago I had a chance to test out 05' 600RR, man that thing light, and power keep kick in as I kept revving it.:notworthy
I have the Carrozzeria forged V6 wheels and my first time out I almost cut off the corner too early because the bike turned in a lot easier, I did a group buy on these wheels and I can still get a great deal on them and many other wheels.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have the OZ Racing Aluminum wheels, and it makes a hugh difference. Not to mention the OZ's use a "stock like" cush & hub. Very sturdy, no issues. Since OZ doesn't make motorcycle wheels anymore, I would suggest March... or PVM's

John

·
Registered
382 Posts
I have the Marvic Penta cast mag wheels on mine and yes, you can absolutely notice the difference in the bike's behavior. Turn-in and particularly hard transients feel really different on the RC with light wheels. It may be that it would not be as noticeable on some other bikes, but the RC needs some help in this area to start with. Not to mention that Fast Freddie Renz at Yoyodyne has the Pentas in "Titanium", which looks way bling on the 51!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
My forged V-6 rims made a pretty decent handling change, I can corner easier now, but I didn't really notice too much of a accelartion change like I was hoping, but it is easy to get the front tire off the ground.:twocents

It's a money pit, just like a new suspension.

But unlike a suspension, you can take off rims and put onto your new bike:cool:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.