Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am baffled at my current scenario.
2003 R1, 11K miles, full aftermarket exhaust w/ proper map (according to Dynojet) yet I still get a difficult time starting the bike right up. Plugs were also replaced 2 months ago, though they seem fined anyway, but to no avail. These modern bikes are fuel-injected, no carb's/choke. So what is having me take 15-20sec to start the bike as suspose to an single, haste attempt?

Ace

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: What else have I overlooked? (Ace)

Throttle body synchronization?
Valve adjustment?
Compression?
Excess blinker fluid?
Vast right wing conspiracy?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: What else have I overlooked? (banda)

Valves up to spec, no adjustments till 30K or so miles per manual. Throttle bodies were adjusted at 5K mark. Not sure about compression/excess fluid. Conspiracy is always a factor.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you replace the exhaust bearing with the aftermarket system? The stock exhaust bearing really doesn't do a good job with the aftermarket systems.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Spend the money for a custom map and let the Dyno guy know your problem. He Can richen it up on the bottom or maybe do some tuning.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (doughboy_748r)

2003?? 11K??? Fark man, its worn out, time to trade that old dinosaur......

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Check your coolant level and make sure everything is ok. Don't laugh, I'm serious.
The "choke" system on that bike is a sort of hydrolic solonoid that opperates from water from the radiator. Make sure all hoses to and from are not kinked and manually opperate the slide mechanism to insure it is not sticking.
Report back with findings.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts