Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a part a three weeks ago. After the part not showing up after two weeks I call to see whats up and am informed the part has been back ordered. I realize this is august and the Italians are vacationing but what has been your experience with how long back orders can take. Anybody got the pin the starter free wheeling gear mounts on?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: What does "back ordered" mean to you. (Ian748L)

it means that they take your money to buy a part they should have had in stock but don't and you will get this part as soon as they find the time when the remember they bought a part for you.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It means it may or may never come. Did they process your charge yet? That's not really proper.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: What does "back ordered" mean to you. (oneducs)

I order supplies at work and an 0-ring for our nitronox has been on back order since February. Back order means "we'll get it to you when we feel like it"

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: What does "back ordered" mean to you. (superduc21)

that sucks, Yes I prepaid for the part which is required by the dealership out here. Guess I could be waiting awhile.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

what part are you looking for?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

If it's a stock part it will come. Your wait will likely be under two weeks.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: What does "back ordered" mean to you. (jschmidt)

My S4R rear fender was backordered when I ordered it. Still haven't got it. Ordered March 3rd.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jschmidt »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If it's a stock part it will come. Your wait will likely be under two weeks.</TD></TR></TABLE>
It took them two week just to tell me it was back ordered and I had to call them to figure it out, Its now going on almost four. It is a stock part that the starter freewheeling gear mounts on.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

if it is #86310021a

we have it in stock...as you can see.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: What does "back ordered" mean to you. (AMS)

Awesome, I am calling right now to purchase it from you guys. Thanks for the help. Speedzilla saves once again.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

whenever i hear back ordered i call some were else. good job AMS.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

"Back ordered" means....

Hi, thank you for calling "Ducati Parts Man.com". We would like to help you give us your money for parts we "had" in stock, only to tell you later that they will be here in the next shipment. We'll go ahead and take your money, and then deal with this silly business of getting your part to you only after we lose the paperwork, dodge your calls, make shit up, then send you the wrong part, which is more expensive, then charge you the difference, then dodge your calls again for a few weeks, have a few laughs, and then charge you a re stocking fee for the wrong part, make you pay return shipping, and start over again at step two.

Oh, you're friends with the owner? How's that 48th tooth slipper clutch with 12 teeth that you bought from another customer's bike, that we swapped with another one, thinking you wouldn't notice, then generally screwed you over until you were just disgusted and hoped our building would burn down?

Thank you for calling, and I hope we've fulfilled your every expectation (which if you ever do order parts from them, you're just asking for trouble, and deserve every bit of frustration coming to you). If you wanted the right part, in a quick amount of time, and excellent customer serivce to back it up, you should have called this guy Jason at Part-ocho-supercycle.

Three guesses who is described above, and the first two don't count.

Andy

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ian748L »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What does "back ordered" mean to you?</TD></TR></TABLE>

One of four;

1. We've got something you want, but don't care to give it to you, though we're not sure why.

2. We don't have what you want, but will promise we do to get your money.

3. The entire country from which this part originates, is drunk, for the next month, sorry.

4. We're actually trying to get this to you, but the people who we get this part from, suck and there's no one else who has it.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: What does "back ordered" mean to you. (hubert)

Well, sounds like some bad experience here, I think we have good here on the Speedzilla where highly competent dealers step up when they can help.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

In this case, backordered means "We forgot to order it."

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

it means not to hold your breath, nobody cares.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re: What does "back ordered" mean to you. (mortoduc)

hey ian when i ordered my termi's end of july back in 03' i didnt get myy pipes till end of september i think or middle of that month!!!!!!!1

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Re: What does "back ordered" mean to you. (killer bee)

Sometimes it means "minimum quantity" order which means,you wait till 24 other guys' order "that" part. Simple pin,BTW,would be an hour or less for a good CNC machinist.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts