Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It looks like it'll be a nice 'around-town' bike, but I'd take a Speed Triple or a FZ6 over that. I'm not too big on the front headlights. Looks like something off a big rig and Terminator 2.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (Hams51)

they weigh like 550 or something. they are also huge in person, not for me

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (mrgrn)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mrgrn »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">they weigh like 550 or something. they are also huge in person, not for me
</TD></TR></TABLE>

They say 465lbs dry, the reviews have been good and they say monster power, I think it attracts me because I used to be a VMAX guy and this has that power cruiser/sportbike mix going on, bike probably looks way better in real life as do all bikes.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: What do yous guys think about the new BMW (RC Cola)

Funny you ask! I have been eyeing that Beast for a few weeks, just got a quote with all the goodies I want except the saddle bags and my solor as seen below! With all the other fee's. $16.675
I really want that bike, but thats a lot of dough I can put into my RC and make it real compfy? Oh this is not even bringing up the Maintenance costs for recomended services. So far I am going on hearsay, but it's pricey. Almost as much as owning a Ducati. ( You guys don't even deny it! Unless you do the work yourself!)

My other option is the Aprilla Touno.

Or the Triumph ST Which is real cose to happening.

& Yes the RC is staying in the Stable with the Plate!
This baby is not going anywhere anytime soon.. Oh No flaming the plastics with all the stickers! That advertising which I have on my track plastics only!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I saw one at my dealer on friday. Yeah it looks huge. It had a sold sicker on it already. It's not the type of bike I'd buy from BMW.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: What do yous guys think about the new BMW (MNwilly)

Guys:

I'm actually going to be riding one of those K1200R's in September.

I was trying to sign up for the 2005 Motorcyclist / Edelweiss Alps Challenge Tour, but the only bikes they had available were the 650 V-Strom, BMW 650 GS and the 650 CS...so I told them I wasn't interested.

I got in touch with them three weeks later and they said that a 2006 K1200R was available, so I snatched it up!

1250-1500 miles in the French and Swiss Alps on a K1200R...should be epic!
That is, if I don't hurl myself over a mountain...

...but it still won't make up for my USGP plans getting f'd up!

Jeff.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I like it. Bags, heated grips, and away you go. Power touring at 130mph+.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

If I had to get a Beemer? It's the RT all the way
even last year model..heck a ST1100-1300, FJR1300, or the Kawi equivalences
...NO WAY am I selling my RC
..I will upgrade but NO WAY is it leaving my cold dead hands

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

If money actually is an object, get past the retro look (which I think is cool) and buy one of these. It's half the price of the Beemer (under 8 grand!), and might be the biggest bang for the buck in the world (can you say THRUST). I had one and miss it terribly.

That having been said, I must say I am intrigued by the K1200R. The styling is wicked (even the headlight) and it's about as trick a motorcycle as you can buy. It's gotta be a rush.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It is def on my need to go test ride list (K1200R) that is. I tested the K1200S and liked it but not enough to get rid of both my current rides which is what it would take for me to buy one.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: (Karlb)

Which one is the boxer-cup bike?? I saw the Red/White/Blue replica edition at BIR last weekend (spectator bike) and I wanted to ride it! That could be a sweet ride for street duty.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I take it with the Boxer Cup Exhaust 12mo HP
I read an article an they said if you like sport bikes You Wont Like It.
When you apply the front brakes a Computer
controls the brakes.

Bike Doesnt Power Slide,And When You Can Get It To Wheelie it lands Really Hard!!!
It was Designed For The BMW CROWD!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: (1sicmofo)

Which model is it?
Where are the picture links?

I am not fond of computer controlled or linked brakes either. I even went out of my way to find a truck without anti-lock brakes (If I buy a newer Toyota now they all come with it).
I don't ride wheelies and I did say "for street duty". I probably couldn't afford it anytime soon (or ever) either. The bike looked sweet though, and it has to be a pretty good street bike and touring bike, it's not really a sport bike and you shouldn't expect it to perform like an R, an RR, a ZX or a GSXR.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: (Hoovenater)

Looks like a nightmare to work on. BMW takes the cake when it comes to over complicated techno electronic gadgetry. I'd rather have my old Triumph. I can at least fix it on the side of the road. 19 gawddam screws to get a side panel off an 1100 twin!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yep, just as soon as I can get an 06 one is mine!

(too late in the year to fork over 16 large for an 05)

Hopefully by then they will sell a Power Cup Replika, if not I'll make my own.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have owned and still do varrious bmw autos and if the bikes are as good as the cars thumbs up. I have always liked the big touring bikes alot and the rs looks great. Get it and post back with the results. btw I rode a old 750 beeamer once and it seemed well ballanced and a nice ride and it was a 70 something.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts