Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
And Stateside again...
2,537 Posts
I would!!! The best thing you can do for handling is lighter wheels! If I had the coin I would swoop it from you... :D

·
Registered
324 Posts
What would need to be done to make these fit an 04 RC51?

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hahaha i know i should... but what do you think they are worth... If i make an offer....

·
And Stateside again...
2,537 Posts
New the wheels were 1500-1800, rotors were at least 300 for the fronts.. If you got it for 1200 you would be money ahead 1500 your probably breaking even. Anymore than that you will probably loose money on the resale side.

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
You just got back from deployment right? Just buy new wheels. No messing around with trying to get the spacers and all that crap, and you have the piece of mind knowing that there is no chance of previous damage or repairs.

And are the galfer rotors really that much of an improvement over stock? Me thinks probably not.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
b.miller - I've thought about buying new wheels... but I just cant bring myself to drop that much on a new set. I cant find anything for a decent price. I dont even need the rotors anyways... I just bought a new set haha. I just want the damn wheels!

You know anyplace that has a good deal on wheels?

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
b.miller - I've thought about buying new wheels... but I just cant bring myself to drop that much on a new set. I cant find anything for a decent price. I dont even need the rotors anyways... I just bought a new set haha. I just want the damn wheels!

You know anyplace that has a good deal on wheels?
I think $1800 was the cheapest I saw if you plug in RC51 marchesini wheels on google shopping. Who knows if they actually have them in stock though.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah thats too much, im looking at 1000ish. I found one rear and one front from two dif people over on 1000rr.net but havent heard anything...

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
yeah thats too much, im looking at 1000ish. I found one rear and one front from two dif people over on 1000rr.net but havent heard anything...
You are gonna play hell trying to get the front wheel to fit. I ordered a set of spacers about 2 months ago and still waiting for them to come in. Not knowing if that is going to be all that I need to make the front rim fit. I have the same set of rims but in silver. I have tried a few different things to make them work but so far have not been lucky. Just waiting on new wheel spacers and then we will see what happens. You are looking at 4-6 weeks or more for a set of spacers for that wheel unless you can find a used set of spacers somewhere that someone is willing to come off of. But on a side note the rear is a direct bolt on. And I do not see the spacers in the picture. Make sure he has those before buying.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
forged Al aren't really worth the expense for what you get. they're not THAT much lighter than stock wheels anyway.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well gents, i just bought the entire set for 1200.... not too bad :) yay new wheels!

·
:rolleyes
305 Posts
I could've driven the eight miles and inspected them for you. I think you paid a fair price, you're happy, seller's apparently happy, yea for capitalism!

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
If you bought everything in the ebay link for 1200 then that's a reeeeaaaally good deal. I have a few sets but would never sell em that cheap, and that's just for the rims. If you end up selling the rotors you will have essentially picked up a rim set for 1000 for less. Seems worth it to end up paying for some spacers to fit them to the RC.

If you get me the proper sizes (i.e. width) for the spacers you need i can get them made for ya. Being that you are going to be running a smaller diameter axle through the front wheel this would be a good time to leave the current bearings in rim and have captive spacers made.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Varium- from what I have read on here, everyone is saying as long as I swap out the bearings... the spacers and axle from the RC will work?

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
Varium- from what I have read on here, everyone is saying as long as I swap out the bearings... the spacers and axle from the RC will work?
He is saying that you should get the captive spacers made. People will swap out the bearings for larger inside diameter bearings in order to use captive spacers, you are already half way there. The captive spacers will stay in the wheel bearing when you pull the wheel. Might as well do that now, otherwise you will have to wait forever to get the spacers from marchesini, and will have to swap out bearings still. Or if you swap the bearings to the RC bearings and have a machinist make the spacers, but if you are doing that, just get the captive ones while you are at it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Spacers

If you swap to the stock RC bearings, you will still have to get spacers made as the stock spacers are not the right size (too short on both sides). Jess and I just went through this. She is waiting on the captive spacers. See if anyone on the forum has a set that they can get you the measurements and have them made as it will be quicker than waiting to get the spacers.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts