Speedzilla Forums banner

what do you think if i sell the RC and get one of this??

2K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  Area 51 
#1 ·
sorry..camera phone..

See less See more
#13 · (Edited)
http://www.fp-1.com/

Most bikes have the Ohlins OEM forks, this has the Ohlins R&T forks
Comes with real Brembo Brake and Master Cylinder pumps which the racers like to buy.
The exhaust really is a piece of art
The CF fairing is F1 quality
The instruments are fantastic
The bike is very light
Forged magnesium wheels (even the 999R is only forged Alo)

The only surprising omission is the lack of radial calipers but judging by the bike weight and brakes I very much doubt this will be detrimental to the bike's braking. I could go on and on....

Suffice to say that any other bike manufacturer making a bike from these compononents would cost much more.

Malaysians get the best buy of all cause everywhere else, the bike is sold for USD4+K which works out to almost RM170k BEFORE import duties. If this bike was made anywhere else we would have to pay another 60% duty. Petronas are trying to make the 170k price on the road, duty paid.

The biggest letdown to the bike is the lack of grunt from the 900cc engine when compared to new I4 engines. This was a mistake by Petronas. Of course, servicing the bike is going to be an issue as well as spare parts which nobody I've talked to in Petronas seems to have a clue on.

To be honest, the FP-1 frustrates me because it could have been so much better if they had used a V4 engine. F1 engines don't make good bike engines. But the sheer love that has been put into this bike in all the other components make it worthy of respect even though it has not enjoyed the race success it could have.

If any of you can afford it I think it would be a great street/track bike!
Just don't crash it!

#16 ·
pretty cool

I will just wait until Honda brings out the big dog. I keep hearing rumors that they are going to bring out the RC 211V for street use. Now that would be a hot bike.:notworthy

#20 ·
I don't think Ducatis really suck (as far as I know the electronic components of the bike are a lot better now), if they did, they would not have a very good racing history. And if they really sucked, Honda would not have built the RC51 (our beloved bike) just to beat the Ducatis for WSB - Honda would not have felt the pressure at all.

Problem that I see with Ducatis is its so expensive to maintain. When I become a billionaire I'd buy a 998R, the Foggy FP1, Mille factory, RC45, put all the good stuff on my 51 and buy a bunch of rare bikes.:rockon

#21 ·
That's one hot ride! But like someone said, what do parts cost? And what does it cost? I'd feel like shit if I layed it down. So... No thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.