1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
The Real MAN of STEEL
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
459 Posts
Holy shit Pat. That freaking sucks! So, if I'm in my red Ferrari traveling WITH traffic that's only going 65 in a 70, it will probably look as if I'm speeding so BAM...Ticket! :banghead Although, I do not own a Ferrari...

I just bought the Laser jammer pack to go with my radar detector, I guess it's all for nothing now? The human eye is calibrated to judge speed these days? What's next? If I "appear" to be a thug, it's good enough for an arrest? If I "appear" to be thinking that I want to do something wrong, I can be arrested?

:wtf

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
From the airplane the rc-51 was ticketed @ 205 mph :banghead

What a bunch of bullshit :banghead :banghead :banghead

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
wow, good thing you have very gifted (read: infallible) cops in Ohio..... good thing too that those same officers are all so utterly professional as to not let their personal feelings or grudges get in the way of their policing....:rolleyes:

Guess I`m glad I don`t live in Ohio.....

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
"Sir, do you know how fast it looked like you were going?"

How exactly would that hold up in court? Never mind, they're all in it together.

You gotta love Ohio cops :)
So I posted your stuff on mnsbr the (Minnesota sportbike riders) form and right away they tell me it already happened here :wtf

·
Registered
839 Posts
Getting ticketed because it "looks" like you're going too fast is just nuts. I can't believe there was any other reaction than laughter at this idea, let alone that it was upheld.

·
unificator
480 Posts
theyve had a similar ticket ive got many times over the years, called "speed too fast for conditions". i dont even remember how many times a coward has written that ticket because they cant clock me or, as you said, i looked like i was speeding. the last one i got the cop said "i dont know how fast you were going but i had to drive over 90 to catch you"..... well theyre not very good at math here in the south and even worse at word problems (if vehicle A leaves the starting point, and vehicle B leaves the starting point 30 seconds later with 6 cars between them, and vehicle A is traveling at.....) well you get the idea. chickenshit.

oh and dont forget my favorites, exhibition and reckless endangerment.

·
Registered
947 Posts
"your honor, it looked like he just committed armed robbery because he had a gun on him" "but he's got a concealed carry license" "doesn't matter, he LOOKED like he had committed a robbery"

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
The next thing you know, they'll be putting cameras at all the intersections too. Oh wait....

I posted this on my (used to be) local board, and I guess that it is like this in Oregon too. I know that in Washington, the officer doesn't ever have to show you the radar gun, and if you fight it, they don't even have to show up in court. A signature on the ticket is all the court needs for evidence, and it is taken as truth and cannot be cross examined. So pretty much it's my word against his, and his side can't be proven wrong. I guess I'll have to start subpoenaing the dash cam every time I get a ticket.

·
Registered
459 Posts
****'em

bunch of tool-bag rules.

what if I use my judgment and suspect the officer is being a douchebag because he is underpaid/overworked and hates his ****ing life and job? Do I win?

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Thankfully, to my knowledge anyhow, that kind of wisdom and "freedom" hsas not crept into Canada yet... here's to hoping it never does... this gives some unstable/powertripping/slimeball/.... cop wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much power (prelude to a police state anyone?)....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts