Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The time has come for me to get a new bike, Im unsure what I want exactly

I’m looking at a 06 GSXR-1000, 06 Kawasaki ZX10R, 06 1000RR.

GSXR’s looks have are good but so are the others. I really would like to stay with Honda, but I don’t really want to wait till 07 to buy the new 1000. The ZX10 looks nice to me and also has an Ohlins damper from the factory, plus Slipper clutch and a few other nice goodies.

I like the Suzuki as well I think it is a nice looking bike, it definitely has the performance side to it. Also a slipper clutch. I don’t much care for the factory steering damper, so that would have to be replaced.

I love the looks of the 1000RR, but it’s the most pricey and also has the least amount of goodies from the factory, the HESD would have to go, so would the exhaust. I’d want to add a slipper, so that would tend to make the Honda the most expensive.

Any Ideas? So really unless I can just get a smoking deal on the Honda, its looking like Suzuki or Kawasaki.

I like both. Anyone here ride the New Suz vs the ZX10?

·
Registered
644 Posts
I personally HATE the way the new ZX10 looks.

I'll be in the market for a new bike this spring, and will be looking at the speed triple, daytona 675, and the zx6r.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Deton8d said:
why would you have to wait until '07 for the honda?
I would have to wait till 07 for the honda because the 06 1000RR hasnt changed much, still no slipper clutch and still has the HESD, which most ppl who ride them say needs to go if you want to do serious riding. (it locks up at times you dont want it to and since it is electronic its not easy or able to be changed)

Im not looking at the other bikes for power alone they do already have a slipper and some sort of manual steering damper

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thumper5102 said:
I would have to wait till 07 for the honda because the 06 1000RR hasnt changed much, still no slipper clutch and still has the HESD, which most ppl who ride them say needs to go if you want to do serious riding. (it locks up at times you dont want it to and since it is electronic its not easy or able to be changed)

Im not looking at the other bikes for power alone they do already have a slipper and some sort of manual steering damper
I've done two track days with the CBR so far and have not noticed the damper being that obtrusive. I'm not the fastest rider out there but hold my own in the advanced group (used to race CCS.) I can't see the damper being a deciding factor in getting this bike. What would make me consider the others is their weight & power. The Honda is once again the 'pig' of the bunch.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Supposedly the 06 1krr is a lot lighter.

Some magazine likened it to the diff between the 04-05 600rr.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Fit and Finish play a huge part in a new bike. Honda is clearly the best quality, but sitting on my RC and a CBR back to back shows just how "street oriented" it really is. The new Half-assed revamp of the ZX is reason enough not to buy it. If you decide on the Gixxer, don't forget to extend the swing arm and chrome that bitch out. My choice, would be the R1. It has the best compromise between comfort and performance, plus it is the best looking litre bike in the bunch. If you have the cash get the Special Edition with the Ohlins and Marchesini wheels.

·
Registered
837 Posts
go gor the gxsr...then u have the best i4 and the best twin..:D

·
Registered
50 Posts
GoodKnight said:
Supposedly the 06 1krr is a lot lighter.

Some magazine likened it to the diff between the 04-05 600rr.
I've 'heard & read' 5-7 lbs. It's mostly in the exhaust which is the first thing I (and most) changed right away anyways. Hopefully when it makes it to production it will actually be 20 lbs lighter as originally rumoured.

·
Registered
101 Posts
BEANS said:
My pick...

2006 Yamaha R1 "SP" Limited-Edition version.
The price of that bike is ludicrous. You could buy a regular R1, add the same components and save a ton of dough.

Go with the Gixxer, it's ugly, but it's a great bike. If you plan on doing any track days with the bike, go with the 750. That is a MEAN machine.

:twocents

·
Meatball's Dad
2,752 Posts
I'd be very tempted to put money down on a New 2006 Triumph 675 tripple.

Ken

·
Registered
530 Posts
I am pretty much happy with my RC and Ducks - as such, I am seriuosly thinking about a BMW GS Adventure (either 1150 or the upcoming 1200) for long-distance travel.

·
Registered
39 Posts
LTP said:
The price of that bike is ludicrous. You could buy a regular R1, add the same components and save a ton of dough.
Damn, where do you buy your parts from :confused: :confused: :confused:

Marchesini (sp?)

Ohlins (front & rear)

Slipper clutch

How much can you get these for? Hell, I might buy from you in the future.

·
RC51-less Member
6,675 Posts
BEANS said:
My pick...

2006 Yamaha R1 "SP" Limited-Edition version.

sweeeet.....and loaded with gold stuff. any word on the price? 18K? 19k?

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
2nd Ride

Husaberg FS650C, cant (legally) ride it on the street, but pound for pound the baddest of the bad....:rockon
-Rocky-

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Super motard(ed)

Hey Jamarben, I'll race yer 'Priller for pinks (err...make that green stickers...):rolleyes:
-Rocky-

(Theres no replacement for displacement!)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts