1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Ebay have it..i think made from Thailand selling below $200 usd

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
I wonder how close they actually are to the sato units? I'm just thinking in terms of spares. What happens if you go down with a set of these? You probably can't just email the seller in thailand or hong kong with a parts request. If they are exact copies, then the sato bits could be used for replacements.

·
Registered
416 Posts
link

Anybody have an ebay link? Can't find them on ebay. DUUUHHH

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
Anybody have an ebay link? Can't find them on ebay. DUUUHHH
Here you go: TechG Adj. Rear set for Honda RC51 2000 UP Complete set - eBay (item 230529684019 end time Feb-20-11 04:22:19 PST)

Not the same exact ones pictured above, but who can keep up with the different sellers that come and go on eBay copying products, and profiting off of the hard work and research of legitimate businesses?

IMO, Waaaaay too much for questionable quality, and equally questionable replacement parts availability. There have been used real sato's on here for close to that. I paid less than $400 for my sato's that are basically new. (thanks Ben!)

·
Registered
416 Posts
Thanks

Miller thanks, and yes I agree with you you can't match satos for quality. I am curently in the hospital and just went through a bone marrow transplant on feb 1st. I have been out of work since aug and was only back to work from apr to aug after a year off from my first battle with leukemia. So money is beyond tight, and I am going to be out till early next year. I have ben looking for used satos but just havn't had much luck. So if you know some one with a used black set I am VERY intrested. THANKS:D

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
Yeah, I hear you about the money. If you have the cash ready, there was a guy that posted a wtb ad here for used sato's and got quite a few replies. Here is the thread: http://www.speedzilla.com/forums/rc51-general-discussion/64262-sato-rear-sets-needed.html

FWIW: The sato's I picked up from Ben were a little higher than the first set he put up a while back (~$260?) but those showed some wear, and if Ben weren't an honest man, he could have cleaned mine off and said they were brand new. I was pleasantly surprised when they arrived. I had broke one of my golden rules about buying used parts: never pay more than 60% of the retail price. If it goes any higher, just buy new stuff. But Ben cut me a good deal on the rearsets, clip-ons, and some other small things, and this was my Christmas gift to myself.

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
for $200 you can't go wrong for a track bike or with low expectations

you won't get $600 rearsets for $200 buit that does not mean you will be unhappy either

i bough vortex back in 2001 for under $300 and have had several sets for my 51 since and the vortex were my fav's go figure

·
And Stateside again...
2,537 Posts
I am running the Tech G's in Gold and I like them. Plenty rigid for my purposes and seem to be holding up well right now. I haven't crashed with them yet so Can't attest to how well they will hold up to that.

And they look Identical to Sato's for almost half the price.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts