Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have handlebar mirriors and wanna switch it back to regular stock location and wondering what would be best for style to go with lines on bike and for functiion. Been told stock rc mirrors only show shoulders. Will other make and model sport bikes work on mine as well? Need some help in this dept. Never even used stock ones only bar ends. Thanks guys

·
Registered
839 Posts
Whatever mirrors you end up with, check out the mirror extenders on Ebay. I've got the stockers and it made them a lot more useful.

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
Whatever mirrors you end up with, check out the mirror extenders on Ebay. I've got the stockers and it made them a lot more useful.
+1 watskooo & extenders,
And,... I don't have anything against the look of the OEM mirrors either, and as Jami points out, the "Magical Racing carbon mirrors" look like Top Quality Kit. I don't know IF they are or not BUT (I think they look even shorter or atleast Smaller then the OEM....??)

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
Stock mirrors work just fine for me. They are just like the mirrors on any other sportbike, they point at your elbows. Mine are about half filled with my elbow, if I need to see more I just pull my arm in, or turn my head. If you want functionality, you wont get much better than the OEM mirrors. If you are going for looks, MR is where it's at.

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
206 Posts
MR is the tits. If I ever decide to spare $250 on a set, I hope they're still available.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Stock mirrors work just fine for me. They are just like the mirrors on any other sportbike, they point at your elbows. Mine are about half filled with my elbow, if I need to see more I just pull my arm in, or turn my head. If you want functionality, you wont get much better than the OEM mirrors. If you are going for looks, MR is where it's at.
+1 :rockon

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
Get the Magical Racing carbon mirrors. And don't complain they are expensive and ask for other options cuz everything else is just plain junk.;)
ya well I used mine for the first time yesterday and they are the cats ass fit and finish however I need to get used to looking through my armpit and not pulling my elbow in like I used to ... there is a wider feild of vision and I am sure I'll adjust :clapper

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mirror spacers

I had seen the spacers on ebay and kinda was thinking going stock with spacers maybe even? Good to get first hand advice. Nice to know they work good. Thanks

\

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have Magical Racing mirrors, which I've used for about 3 years now. The glass is wide vision and although it does get some blocking by my arms, I can see what's behind me where it's important.
They don't get folded back from very high speeds. Really good design.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ive got some EMGO mirrors I will trade you for as long as the bar ends aren't the 5dollar Chinese set?

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
Weird, I understood what he meant the 1st time I read it. :wtf
:wtf...... :wtf It was a JOKE Brother! Ofcourse You understood it, as everyone else did too I'm sure. Mark knows me, and he knows I was just messing with him, we're brothers ej.
Please Lighten up, go for a ride.;)

I Hope this Helps,:p

Peace Jeff

·
And Stateside again...
2,537 Posts
I am running stock 954 mirrors as they bolted right up and scored them from a guy for $30. They seem to work as good as the stockers and from the one stocker I still have they might even be the same.

But I agree Bar End mirrors on the RC suck. I could cope on my TLR but after having stockers on the RC Bar end ones didn't cut it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts