Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just changed my oil today and went with Amsoil @ $8.95 a quart. I was using Maxima full synthetic in the beginning and recently using Castrol R4. With the R4 and Max. the bike was shifting clunky and not as smooth as I would of thought with Synthetic. I had the R4 in for about 2000 miles and then went with the Amsoil. Totally different bike no kidding. I wish I would of been using it the whole time. I am now an Amsoil man!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
wow, $8.95 is a little high. around here it runs about $6.00. But I must admit my bike seemed to shift a little smoother, when I tried amsoil. I was runnin mobil 1 before.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (a83)

$8.95 is cheap compared to the $11.99 a quart Castrol R4 I was using before.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's how I feel about Motorex oil. Whenever someone tells me that they prefer XYZ oil over another one I ask myself by what standards are they comparing the two... But when I swithced from Motul synthetic to Motorex synthetic, the engine seemed to rev smoother, faster and furthermore, the gearbox was much smoother... That in and of itself proved to me that Motorex's product provided greater lubrication than Motul.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (V-Tach)

That is exactly it. It is funny but the motor seems stonger and everything. Seat of your pants noticeable. Engine sounds stronger as well. When you find something you like you definetely should stay with it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (V-Tach)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by V-Tach »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That's how I feel about Motorex oil. Whenever someone tells me that they prefer XYZ oil over another one I ask myself by what standards are they comparing the two... But when I swithced from Motul synthetic to Motorex synthetic, the engine seemed to rev smoother, faster and furthermore, the gearbox was much smoother... That in and of itself proved to me that Motorex's product provided greater lubrication than Motul.</TD></TR></TABLE>

what motul were you running? the full synthetic? or the ester blend semi syn... 5100 is what i have in the bike (if i remember correctly...) always thought it shifted REALLY smoothly... have to try the motorex...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (jkappe1)

wow.. almost 9 bucks a quart?
we charge 4.95 for the 15w-40 semi synth
6.95 for the 20w-50 full synth Vtwin oil
amzoil that is...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (JonnyRocket)

I am an Amsoil dealer now and when I get back home...in 2 weeks, I am changing over to Amsoil. Not only in my bike but my other rides. I have heard really good things about this product. Now, I didn't pay $8.95 a qt. I got 12qts for $55.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.