Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and ran into this guy! :cool:

Super nice guy. We talked with him some about Circuit of The Americas and he did confirm he's moving his school to CoTA.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I'm really, really glad we've got another top notch track coming. But what's with the name? Are the egos involved so gargatuan that they think they can claim such a title? Remind me of the Cowboys, "America's team". Bullshit. It's a phucking team and it's a phucking track. Get over yourselves already.

Hope the track is a huge success though. Good luck.

Sure would be fun to watch the old man blow by me on the red and white.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm really, really glad we've got another top notch track coming. But what's with the name? Are the egos involved so gargatuan that they think they can claim such a title? Remind me of the Cowboys, "America's team". Bullshit. It's a phucking team and it's a phucking track. Get over yourselves already.

Smart marketing IMO. Even though the track is in Austin, they want all motor-sport enthusiasts to feel like it's theirs in a way.

Trust me, I'm huge Texas guy. And IMO, the Texas flag and shape of the state of Texas is probably some of most recognized in the world, but I think the last thing everyone needs is for this track to cram even more Texas flags, cowboy hats and longhorns down people's throats.

·
Registered
4,178 Posts

Actually, I love the name, and think it is very appropriately named. The Americas are comprised of North and South America and the track, is very centrally located being the two, in Texas.

TBH I found the name welcoming, as it included and invites not just Texas or the USA but the Americas.

Certainly, if taken in that context, it in no way is representative of anything similar to the misnomer attributed to the Cowboys.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.