Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bike got knocked over durring the last hurricane.It fell on its right side and the only damage"thanks to the factory honda frame sliders"was the turn signal lense got knocked off, and my brake lever bent in a little...other then that not a scratch or dent..sooooo my question is ,If i try to bend it back will it break ?????
Oh yea, all RC 51's come with factory frame sliders....yea they do...its those BIG ASS front turn signals....hey it worked ...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: well i guess it was my turn (Naya the Dingo)

It's worth a shot but it may break. I bent mine back with two box end wrenches and it's been fine for over a season.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (mrgrn)

+1 on the heat...makes it a bit easier. I've bent stuff that would break if I didn't applied heat

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Careful with heat and aluminum. Too much heat it melts or cracks.
I have had super luck slowly bending back with no heat using a combo of the vise and a piece of wood block and hammer and hitting it enough to move it a little at a time. How bad is it? Post pics.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (Cozzb)

+1 on that heat, I bent my factory brake lever on the F4i when I lowsided at VIR. Heated her up, bent her back THEN I ALMOST lowsided at Summit a month ago but saved her (LUCK
) but it looks like I did touch down that lever again......

Yup she bent back 180 and didn't even break, time to get the torch out again!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (narfrc51)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by narfrc51 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That looks like heat....not a drop. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes it was heated when I lowsided the first time and bent it back, then I touched it down in a near lowside due to a shitty setup but saved it.

Hear is a shot of the end of the pedal where it touched down.

And this is the front tire shagged from the bad setup, the reason I lost the front end and almost lost the bike

Why would I want to heat up a pedal and bend it for no reason????

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (Rocryder)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rocryder »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">HOLLY CHEIT....
I Guess I would just buy a new one at that point ...How much could it cost

heres a link from ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...=WDVW

you got about 3 days</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hell a little more heat and she will be good as new!!

I can spend that money on

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: (Ozone)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ozone »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I guess that brake lever will be interestingly tempered now eh eppy ? lol</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah I'm trying to find out how many times you can heat and re-bend one of these things.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts