Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got caught in ALOT of rain today. I did take my rainsuit so the leathers are not too bad. (see post further down the page) But, the engine seemed to stumble at lower RPMs. Then the tach started jumping around for abit and then was okay. Finally, it stalled when I got caught at a light. It would only start after letting it sit for a bit and then it would only run for a little. I managed to get to a Wal-Mart sidewalk and put in under the over hang where it stayed dry while waiting for a my brother and a truck to come get me. (Still an hour from home in good weather) After sitting for a bit it started and ran fine. But since it was a monsoon outside I decided to wait for the truck. Any ideas about this? I thought it was just some moisture in the engine at first but it seems more electrical to me now. Any ideas would be a huge help. Thanks

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Well I got wet today, Really wet. (ducman491)

I have the same problem on my SS, I would say it's electrical as some of the connectors on my bike are questionable at best. Try sealing up the ends of all the connectors with some RTV seems to have helped me. Also after a day in the rain I would de-panel your bike and use compressed air to get the water out of anything electrical.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Well I got wet today, Really wet. (bruntr)

I'm not an expert at anything but drinking, but I figure that the horizontal cylinder spark plug hole in the head (cylinder head), would be an open mouth to ingest water. When I looked at my spark plug it was kinda rusty, so I know water gets in there.

Andy

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had a problem with my engine temp sender that had it´s connector fild with water... It told my computer that the engine was -20 celsius!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts