Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was gonna ask if it was just me or if it was something with the bike set-up but, I've been noticing after I get so far over in turns I get this weeble wobble feeling and it is not a very confidence enspiring feeling. As I began to pay more attention to this effect, I began to notice it was only in right handers. After more investigation wouldn't you know I found no chicken stripes on the right and still had a little on the left side. Is this a good explination of the feeling you would get when you are all the way on the edge of the tire??

My tires suck anyways...Michelin Hi-Sport's. It's a 170/60 and the profile is not round all the way across like the way a Pilot Power looks, which btw, is my next tire. Very flat on the sides a little ways out from the center of the tire. I am also going to go with a 180/55. May slow down the roll in a little (not that I would notice I don't think) but wouldn't this give me more lean capability? Thanks for the input guys...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Weeble wobble in turns... (galaxy)

Change the tires. Problem will be gone. (at lest it will change a bit!!)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Weeble wobble in turns... (Old Fart)

Yeah I agree change the tires and see what ends up.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Weeble wobble in turns... (BlackHawk)

I agree with what others are saying. Change the tires.
But I would like to add a bit to it.
I have expierenced this same thing. My buddy was following me and he said the whole rear started wobbling. It was in a right hand sweeper at around 80mph. It is almost like a gyrating effect. I could feel it wobbling but didn't know WTF was going on. I have taken this turn many times before so it boggled me. Me being the anal retentive person I am, returned to the same turn the next day to try and figure it out. (After a full safety check of the bike of course) I figured it has to be something upsetting the suspension. (More than likely, rider error)
The first two runs I took I was able to duplicate the same thing. On the third pass I decided to add a little more pressure to the inside bar (counter steering pressure). This completely eliminated the wobble/gyrating effect.

It may quite possibly be your tires. But try to add a little more counter steering pressure. You may be trying to turn into the turn, inadvertantly causing this effect.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Weeble wobble in turns... (CaliDuc)

i'm assuming your talking about the front end "weeble woble" as that is the tire your commenting on? The rear can give that feeling in all bikes as well ...could be tires or your suspension set up-

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Weeble wobble in turns... (CaliDuc)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CaliDuc »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It may quite possibly be your tires. But try to add a little more counter steering pressure. You may be trying to turn into the turn, inadvertantly causing this effect.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ditto

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Weeble wobble in turns... (Tifosi)

1) Michelin Hi Sports are shite passe!

2) How worn are the tyres? On some tyres, the front when it becomes worn develops "steps" where the grooves are. From experience when these happen, they can lead the front to do just that.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My tires have 3200 miles on them. Yes, all the weeble wobble is from the rear. Front feels fine. It does it in any turn if I'm going fast enough. That's what led me to believe it's the tires. I thought it was interesting that it never happens in a left hander and I still have chicken stripes on the left.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: (galaxy)

process would be one...tires are already an issue: replace...

If you have not done sag set and further suspension : do it

if the issue continues...don't rule out your confidence in RT and Lft transition

then evaluate again

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: (galaxy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by galaxy »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My tires have 3200 miles on them. Yes, all the weeble wobble is from the rear. Front feels fine. It does it in any turn if I'm going fast enough. That's what led me to believe it's the tires. I thought it was interesting that it never happens in a left hander and I still have chicken stripes on the left.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Do you think that maybe you have different form for a left vs. right hand turn? Maybe having the throttle being on the inside of your turning direction changes your form/body position in comparission to when you turn left? When I first started I had that problem for the first year or so

-Tifosi

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh, I know my form is different...hense the chicken stripes still on the left side. Guess I'll grow into that. This is also why I (with what little experience I have) am pretty sure it's a tire issue because I'm using all the tire to the right.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts