Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Wardy (Toxic)

Wonder if they'll let him run that number in Formula Extreme

He's not doing too bad for a 40-something in a 600cc class. AMA is despirate to get more real names in Formula Extreme, so I can see them putting alot of pressure on the team to run Wardy for the whole season.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Wardy (stk0308)

well after Jordan Ward.. then Pastrana and Carmichael and you are going to have the most popular sport among young people in US

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stk0308 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">...AMA is despirate to get more real names in Formula Extreme, so I can see them putting alot of pressure on the team to run Wardy for the whole season.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You are so misguided.

AMA Pro Racing had nothing to do with Ward wanting to ride the Daytona 200, and would likely have little effect in "pressuring" him to do anything.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Wardy (SupermotoFan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SupermotoFan »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
You are so misguided.

AMA Pro Racing had nothing to do with Ward wanting to ride the Daytona 200, and would likely have little effect in "pressuring" him to do anything.</TD></TR></TABLE>
The last things I've read on Wardy doing road racing was he was thinking about it. Nothing definate. Therefore I could say, without being misguided, that the AMA would encourage Erion, Troy Lee and Ward to run a bike. Especially in the Daytona 200. Mainly because there are so few "names" expected to run it. The only one I can thing of, of the top of my head, would be DuHamel. Whether this encouragement has affect doesn't enter into it. Just that they would probably do it.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

the fact is, the ama blows as a sanction body. they should stick to cyclists right to ride and let others run US series. fx is a joke. fx in the 200 is a bigger joke. it would be more interesting if supersport was in the 200 with a stock tank and no quick change goodies. i've been following it since the late 80's and there's only been 3 or 4 races since that haven't been a let down. on a positive note, the highlights off the top of my melon are lawson vs. polen & russell, russell vs. last row grid position, russell vs. horse shoe, duhamel vs. russell, duhamel vs. mladin. now, it's a few factory guys and a bunch of privateers trying to get some scraps. i still look forward to it. but every year it's the same thing. bring on the supersport/superstock races. at least they're tight and the grids are stacked. too bad a privateer hasn't won in 10 years. the last i remember was harrington on a 4 & 6 kawasaki. i'm off my soapbox.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts