Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone with an aftermarket stator have their stock one that they want to sell? Mine went out and I thought I'd look for a used one before ordering from Service Honda. My email is [email protected]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Wanted: CRF stator (MotoGreg)

I think there is a place that rewinds them and stocks the redone ones on the shelf, I forget the name though.

Greg check I sent you a PM about the 05 season schedule. Guess I will be seeing you soon!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Wanted: CRF stator (RAD)

Hey Ralph, I didn't get that PM. My direct email is [email protected]

Turns out I don't need a stator. I had an ignition cutting out problem and found metal fragments all over the stator and ignition pickup coil and it looked as if they were coming apart. I posted looking for one then went back down to the garage. I cleaned the metal off then realised that it wasn't the stator coming apart it was metal from somewhere in the motor and it was sticking to the magnets in the stator and pickup coil that is what was confusing the ignition magnetic pickup.

I know these bikes have a problem with the balancer shaft so I pulled it out but it and its bearings are fine. I pulled off the valve cover and everything looks perfect, no sign of metal or wear. Trans oil is spotless as well. The metal fragments are in the oil filter and pickup screen and they are magnetic so obviously something steel and it has a bronze or brass look in some of the fragments. I'm going to pull the head/cylinder/piston off as soon as I get a break from babysitting and see what I can find out. There doesn't seem to be any play at all in the crank bearings so maybe it is the con-rod big end going out. And I have to race this in three weeks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts