Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after a long and hard battle trying to get my money back from a "fellow member" he has finally given me a refund. So, does anyone have a set of race glass and stay for sale super cheap?

·
Registered
331 Posts
I can make you a stay for $150 + shipping ? subframes shoud be done in a week or so. Unlike other stay's , mine will fit the STOCK body mount's , and comes with a "you wreck it, we fix it warrantee" also , mine has mount's for the air tubes and for the fuse box that just hangs there on other stays ?NOTE: the air temp sensor is hard mounted with the stock protection boot on it. Victory lane Motorsports has them in stock right now

Attachments

Reactions: Flaco

·
Registered
99 Posts
Overthetop,

I sent you a PM regarding the fairing stay. I'm also interested to hear some details on the subframe.

I just noticed something on the fairing stay... given the thickness of the "wings" you don't use a Dzus fastener to attache the upper faring... what are you using as a fastener?

Thanks

·
Registered
331 Posts
Thanks Bafflebrain. I believe you could use dzuse fastners if need be ? I use the real racers choice ZIP TIES !

·
Registered
331 Posts
any permanent mods needed to mount it up? or is it pure bolt on and easily reversible?

any details on the subframe?
Well if your wiring is already out of the OEM headlight, it should/will just bolt up to the frame. Another thing mine has over Vortex is the guages don't lay flat like on a Vortex, the still have the same angle as your stock ones.:clapper dunno what happened in the translatation with the vortex one BUT I have never seen or been on a bike with the guages paralel to the ground:wacky and I don't work for NASA either ? I'll be test fitting the sub tonight, so I'll post some pictures later on.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Is that 6061 that your stay is made from? I'm looking to drop weight on a streetbike, looks like I could weld a simple mount for a headlight onto that stay.... For $125, I'll snag it from you and save myself the fab time/sourcing material :) Any pictures from the side?

Paypal?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Is that 6061 that your stay is made from? I'm looking to drop weight on a streetbike, looks like I could weld a simple mount for a headlight onto that stay.... For $125, I'll snag it from you and save myself the fab time/sourcing material :) Any pictures from the side?

Paypal?
yes it is 6061 T5
The subframes(just finished tonight ) are AWSOME ! just mounted the test one tonight
not that much lighter, but they are lighter:notworthy and I'm thinkin $275

·
Registered
331 Posts
Here is the sub with a couple options first off the sub if fully adjustable like the super expensive corse ones . welding is spot on as usual. fit is %100 perfect for stock or aftermarket muffler systems.

Attachments

·
Registered
331 Posts
Sorry to say guys/girls some of the people that carry my stuff are a little miffed at the prices I am charging for product, so I have had to up the prices a bit to make it a little more realistic for them to sell their pieces and make a profit ? Wish everyone would sell as cheap as I do ,then racing would be easier on us all :twocents

·
Registered
65 Posts
I would also be interested in a subframe and a fairing stay (provided that there is a solution to mount at least one headlight).

"overthetop", can you pls advise by PM prices for both items incl. shipment to Europe/Greece ?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,874 Posts
great work!
my friend imports stuff for ducatis into japan

sure he'll be interested in your work!

you should sell them directly from the internet or something!then you can dictate what price you want

·
Registered
331 Posts
After buying a set of 749 race glass off ebay for $300 I thought to myself, this is going to be a cheap set of bodywork to work with. And it was ! my painter had to spend countless hours to prep the stuff PROPERLY(even though they came preped for paint) BS and although the fit and finish isn't that bad,it's not that great either ? So I spent $300 on the body work, and spent another $200 in PROPER preping the stuff so it don't look like shite when it's done, and the fit is OK but not the best( guess you get what you pay for ) So in the end it came out to $300 for the glass,$400 for a good paint job, and it still don't fit all that well ? A buddy of mine that build's glass for a living Flexi-Glass has now started to build for Ducati bikes(not the 749/999 yet) 916 & 1098 now available anyway , after asking my painter what he thought of the bodywork, he said to me, that flexiglass is nice stuff to work with compared to this stuff, and it showed in the end with the bill for the paint and also, you still have to live with the fiddle **** here and there to get the bodywork to fit PROPER ! I'm going to throw a plug in for flexiglass because it is a verry nice set of race glass,lighter than most out there, verry flexable,but the FIT is bang on ! on every set of glass I have ever used from flexiglass (about 15-20 set's now) I have installed them PERFECTLY with stock mounting brackets, and an awsome fit and finish ! Thanks Trevor.I believe that Flexiglass also has all the top riders in the north west sponsored for 600 & 1000 classes.

·
Registered
802 Posts
You have a PM

·
Registered
331 Posts
The 1098 stay is now available as is the 998 subframe.

·
MoeRacing22
2 Posts
Do still have available a faring stay for Ducati 999 2004? what is your price? ld confirm the design that you use, please?
Thanks
Moe

I can make you a stay for $150 + shipping ? subframes shoud be done in a week or so. Unlike other stay's , mine will fit the STOCK body mount's , and comes with a "you wreck it, we fix it warrantee" also , mine has mount's for the air tubes and for the fuse box that just hangs there on other stays ?NOTE: the air temp sensor is hard mounted with the stock protection boot on it. Victory lane Motorsports has them in stock right now

·
MoeRacing22
2 Posts
Ducati 999 2004 Fairing Stay request.

Steve,

Do you still doiung this parts? The post is so old that I think i'm to late to jump on the wagon.
If so, could you let me know the price and how soon can I get it.
Thanks,
Moe

1 - 20 of 21 Posts